New Gndr Mt La Crosse

• mikehd
    Dousman, WI

We could use a new store in La Crosse. Let’s hope it is similar to the new Madison store which I think is very nice and well managed. Don’t get me wrong I patronize our local bait shops a lot but the big box stores have their place too.

New Gander Mt in La Crosse

Dave Ansell
    Rushford, MN

That is great new! I have not been impressed with this store for a few years now or maybe I have just been spoiled by the other newer stores like Madison, WI and Rochester, MN.

I agree Mike, there should be room for both local and chain stores in the mix and I too buy from both.

Dave

blue-fleck
    Dresbach, MN

Bret will be pleased.

oldrat
    Upper Midwest

a little late in the day.. since there was a fine building already there.. they could have moved the store in days instead of months.. had room for boats.. big boats..

there was nothing wrong with that old Wal Mart building at all. it’s goofy to have it been torn down , now to be rebuilt.. and you aren’t exactly hearing of a “lot of new staff ” hires as well.. meaning the store may be bigger, but they are not putting more people to work.. not fulltimers ..

and lets hope its not a straight concrete floor either.. because my knees hate walking into that store..

blue-fleck
    Dresbach, MN

Quote:

and lets hope its not a straight concrete floor either.. because my knees hate walking into that store..

With 10,000 hooks hanging on the shelves, I doubt it’ll be padded carpet.

I’m looking forward to it, hoping it’ll draw another competitor into the area.

With some luck, a local contractor will be able to build that complex and put a few more people to work in the process.

mikehd
    Dousman, WI

Geez, I was just trying to post some good news and now I’ve got Old Rat all cranked up

targaman
    Inactive
    Wilton, WI

Now they will have a lot more room to run out of everything that you need!!!

Bassn Dan

Quote:

Now they will have a lot more room to run out of everything that you need!!!

Not to mention more room for clothes and decorative “outdoorsy” items.

Dan

francisco4
    Holmen, WI

Quote:

With some luck, a local contractor will be able to build that complex and put a few more people to work in the process.

That is what I am hoping for. I am not in that biz, but I know of a lot guys looking for work. Keeping my fingers crossed.

FDR

oldrat
    Upper Midwest

Listen.. I don’t post that much.. but years ago, when Wal Mart moved and the economy wasn’t in bad shape, the fishing manager was pushing hard for the move to the old Wal Mart store.. so was the store manager.. and it didn’t happen..

now the economy has taken a dive.. there are far less employees at the current gander, and now the store has to be rebuilt..

oh and all I am asking is for some sort of flooring other then plain concrete.. some thing that you can stand on and not be hurting my knees.. when I walk into any store with just plain concrete.. my knees take a beating.. and paint on the floor doesn’t cut it..

I can’t go to the walmart in Winona.. not for more then five minutes.. I can’t walk in the store without hurting..

and actually gander had carpet at one point in time..

I am sorry that I upset you.. just trying to point out some simple truths..

bret_clark
    Sparta, WI

Quote:

Listen.. I don’t post that much..

That might be true but when you do…..80% of the time it is in a negative way

I’m sure you are not the only overweight American (including myself) with bad knees but it is nice how you are starting the movement to improve store designs

Most everyone that complains about Gander Mountain I bet shops there from time to time. The move into a new store is a start and I hope it improves customer service just like everyone else.
    Like mentioned, it might be good for all of us……I bet there is some competition moving into the area, and we know that always helps bring out the best in all stores
    Now can’t we all just get along

oldrat
    Upper Midwest

what you think is in a negative way.. is not the case. its just how I write. my only, and only negative feeling is that it should have been done YEARS ago.. when there was a building.. both stores could have been left open as merchadise went from one to the other..

so if by saying that it could have , should have, been done years ago, and that’s negative. well I find it hard to see it … I think that you don’t know me personally. and could have a different perspective if you did.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.