Boat loan question

• like_mike-ike
    Burnsville, Minnesota

How do you go about getting a loan to buy a boat from a private seller? Every bank I call will only go 3-4 years on a 2002. That makes the payments way too high for me.

ted-merdan

Contact member Bob Bowman from the website here – financed my boat through him and it could not have gone any smoother!!!

-ted

ScottPugh
    Rogers / Grand Rapids

Quote:

Contact member Bob Bowman from the website here – financed my boat through him and it could not have gone any smoother!!!

-ted

Only way to go…

targaman
    Inactive
    Wilton, WI

I’m saving up enough to put half of the price of the rig down, therefore I will not have to worry about a big payment. Only way to go if you ask me. Extended loan terms like ten years are not a wise decision.

Dave Ansell
    Rushford, MN

Just a thought, I financed my last boat with a loan against my truck. The truck was paid for and the bank game me a MUCH better rate against the truck and I could go longer term than borrowing against the used boat. I suppose you could always think home equity too but it helps to have a good banker to have some “creative finance” conversations with.

Good luck.
    Dave

kooty
    Keymaster
    1 hour 15 mins to the Pond

Quote:

-ted

I can’t recommend Bob enough either. He is my go to guy for all things financing. As a matter of fact, I just left his office. I think he needs something to work on this afternoon.

robstenger
    Northern Twin Cities, MN

Quote:

Quote:

-ted

Only way to go…

x3

Brad Juaire
    Maple Grove, MN

Quote:

-ted

X 2!

Bob Bowman
    MN

Thanks for the kind words guys, just happy to help

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.