upper red

• mcrew
    zumbrota,mn

looking for a report on upper red the kids am I are going up on the 17th to the family cabin hoping to find some eyes and may be one of those monster pike

col._klink
    St Paul

Send Johnny P a message he is the go to guy up there! And he catches a few of those big pike too

jonny p
    Waskish, MN

Go to lake, add minnow, catch fish.

I just posted a report on the latest. Walleyes have moved off the “last break” for the most part and are now super shallow or super deep (that means 12′ ) and looking for strong vibrations with the churned up water.

stuwest
    Elmwood, WI

I’m trying to get out also. Boat problems stopping me currently.

I’m hearing reports of lot of 12-15″ fish, but as Jonny says, meat’s working. Drifting/anchoring with jig/minnow being the most popular. Most were in 6′ last week during the day, going up to 4′ at night.

I still think that trolling the DT4s will produce, especially CPSs.

We should stay in touch if I get on the water. Do you have VHF??

Otherwise, I’ll be up for a late summer trip also. More fun than salmon on Michigan…

mcrew
    zumbrota,mn

thanks for the info and yes i do have a radio is there a certain channel that is used up there? I have a red lund explorer with a evenrude and will be staying on the river just down from sandys gift shop.

stuwest
    Elmwood, WI

I usually monitor the standard station (I believe 16??) I’m available on cell at (715) 307-7804. Let’s stay in contact.

Do you ever fish Pepin??

mcrew
    zumbrota,mn

yes I fish pepin it is about 30min from my house, I have not been there in acouple of weeks but it was good to me the last time I was there

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.