Bittering agent in my air duster?…ucka

• jonny p
    Waskish, MN

I am a dirty nasty cigar smoker, so naturally my keyboard takes on some ashes from time to time. No big deal just grab the air duster and send them off into space for the girlfriend and her duster to worry about. But this morning I grab my new 3M can of duster and spray down the keyboard and the mouse and anything else that looks dusty. Of course I get a little wild with it and some fluid comes out here and there no big deal.

Next thing I know my cigar is horrible, it taste bitter, very bitter. Thinking some Honduras cigar roller put a stem into one of my sticks I feel the end of the cigar and no stem and wipe the corner of my mouth a little; holy hell I thought I was going to vomit. After a good ribbing I was informed that air duster now has bittering agent added to it so the dope heads stop inhaling it. Even says so on the can.

So now my keyboard, mouse, adding machine and everything on my desk requires hand washing after I touch it. This stuff is horrible and I have no idea how to get rid of it. Now I cannot touch anything especially a cigar after being at my desk without a near vomit experience.

Things we have to do as a society to protect people that make bad choices.

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster
    Minnesota/Wisconsin Mississippi River

They should add that to White Castle.

John Schultz
    Inactive
    Portage, WI

Quote:

They should add that to White Castle.

Doesn’t white castle invoke the desire to vomit without additives?

jd318
    NE Nebraska

Quote:

Things we have to do as a society to protect people that make bad choices.

Sorry, but I had to chuckle to myself at this line. I find it somewhat ironic that you ended the story this way when you are talking about smoking. Couldn’t that be considered a “bad choice” too?

But, I do agree with you.

big_g
    Isle, MN

Thanks for the heads up I go through a can every other month in my dirty office… I will have to watch for the nasty stuff…

big G

mrglax

If you’re using the duster just on your keyboard save the money and bad taste by just flipping it over once in a while and tapping or shaking it.

big_g
    Isle, MN

I use it on everything… keyboard, phone, speakers, tower, mouse, printer, chairs, desk… I am sure I am missing something here….

big G

jonny p
    Waskish, MN

Quote:

Sorry, but I had to chuckle to myself at this line. I find it somewhat ironic that you ended the story this way when you are talking about smoking. Couldn’t that be considered a “bad choice” too?

We are talking about inhaling difluoroethane for god knows what reason verses smoking a fine cigar that has been hand rolled and basically crafted by a true artisan; a thing of beauty. Really once you have smoked a good Rocky Patel, Gurkha or Fuente cigar the choice is easy.

3M said I need to mix 50/50 isopropyl alcohol and water to get rid of it. It should be a big job as I went bat crap crazy with it.

John Schultz
    Inactive
    Portage, WI

Quote:

Quote:

We are talking about inhaling difluoroethane for god knows what reason verses smoking a fine cigar that has been hand rolled and basically crafted by a true artisan; a thing of beauty. Really once you have smoked a good Rocky Patel, Gurkha or Fuente cigar the choice is easy.

3M said I need to mix 50/50 isopropyl alcohol and water to get rid of it. It should be a big job as I went bat crap crazy with it.

The Rocky Patel Vintage 1998 is the best RP I have ever had.

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster
    Minnesota/Wisconsin Mississippi River

Quote:

inhaling difluoroethane

I asked a friend (in my high school days) that was inhaling a kitchen product why he would do that…what was the “high”?

He said it made him feel like he was dead.

I think of him every time I’m spraying down my grill..RIP Don.

hairjig
    Cudahy, Wis.

Here’s a novel idea Jonny, Smoke your “puros” outside, than you won’t dirty the keyboard, or worse yet have to spray any “toxins” all over the inside of the house…

jonny p
    Waskish, MN

Quote:

Here’s a novel idea Jonny, Smoke your “puros” outside, than you won’t dirty the keyboard, or worse yet have to spray any “toxins” all over the inside of the house…

You have been talking to my girlfriend, she had the same idea.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.