Casting wingdam rod

• Chris Nelson
    SSP,MN

I remember last season a lot of talk about a St Croix rod that Everts sells for casting crank baits on wing dams, What was the name and does it also work for casting jigs.
    Thanks
    Chris

Dean Marshall
    Chippewa Falls WI /Ramsey MN

Ideally,the crank rod is a med mod action. For jig fishing damns a med fast is more the norm. A 6’6″ med fast action would be a good compromise to use as a multi-purpose rod. Good luck & let us know if we can be of any help!

Jami Ritter
    Hastings, MN

I run criox’s 6’6 MF rods for cranks.

in my opinion that’s too stiff of a rod for jigs.

For jigs i run st croix’s 6’8 mxf or mlxf. These also double as great blade rods.

Best thing to do is run down and use Deans try and buy to get the feel of the rod before you purchase.

Jami

Nosbi007

I just started casting cranks at wingdams last year and have had a blast doing it. The only problem I have found is that I seem to loose a lot of cranks because the rocks are just too sharp. I was just wondering what kind of line you guys like to use when casting wingdams with cranks and also is a baitcaster or spinning gear better? Thanks for any help. I am sick of loosing $7 cranks even when I re-tie every 10 to 15 casts.

Dean Marshall
    Chippewa Falls WI /Ramsey MN

Ty-gear leader material has saved folks a whole bunch a money for that exact purpose.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.