Power Washer Input

• Grouse_Dog
    The Shores of Lake Harriet

Looking to buy – anyone have any reviews that they would care to share?

Thanks in advance and the input is always appreciated.

Dog

smithkeith
    Waterloo, Iowa

I bought one with a Honda motor from Home Depot. Thhink it has about 2800 psi. Can’t beat the Honda motor.

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster
    Minnesota/Wisconsin Mississippi River

I’m not sure how heavy of duty power washer your looking for Mr. Dog, but my neighbor let me use is Dirt Devil brand last year. I’ll look for a photo.

They are relatively inexpensive, electric and very small for a power washer. I’ll be getting one soon myself and it sure packs a punch for the price and size!

My only question would be how long do they last. He’s had his for 3 years now.

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster
    Minnesota/Wisconsin Mississippi River

Dirt Devil® 1600 PSI Heavy-Duty Pressure Washer

The one site I checked was sold out at $99.

Link<<

2jranch
    Arcadia, WI

We bought 2 of them, both electric, one from Home depot, and one at Walmart. The Home Depot was a Husky brand, the Walmart is the Karcher. They both are very comparable in pressure and cleaning results. We also have a large pressure washer with a gas motor that we use for big jobs, like cleaning equipment or washing down the barns, but the electric works great for cleaning vehicles, boat, vinyl siding, vinyl decking and other project that you don’t want to damage with too much pressure.

Karcher pressure washer

Husky link – best photo I could find is on Ebay

We have had the Karcher for about 4 years, and the Husky about 3. My sister-in-law has had her Karcher for about 9 years. She had one problem with it after 4 years, wrote the company and they sent her all new parts, no charge.

June

diesel
    Menomonee Falls, WI

We have the Husky brand at the house and I would never buy another again. It works but the soap/cleaner injector only works when the pressure wand is not used (did not say this on the box) only after purchase and use was this determined. Also the adjustable pressure wand broke so cannot adjustment.

It does provide ample pressure for cleaning but not what was expected or wanted. Couldn’t return it so stuck with it.

Waiting for this thing to die to get what I really want.

My $0.02

D

rkd-jim
    Fountain City, WI.

I would recommend looking at the GPM(gallons per minute) along with the pressure it will attain. The higher the gpm the better. I have one with a gas engine and would not part with it. Why would you want to drag a power cord around with wet feet

Tom P.
    Whitehall Wi.

Quote:

We have the Husky brand at the house and I would never buy another again. It works but the soap/cleaner injector only works when the pressure wand is not used (did not say this on the box) only after purchase and use was this determined.

All pressure washers work this way unless you spend alot of money for high pressure injection.

Steve Hix
    Dysart, Iowa

That’s right Tom. Harbor freight sells a gizmo that says you can have high pressure soap with the kind of units we all have. It must put the soap in ahead of the pump some how. Anyone have any experience with this?

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.