Battery Hook-up Help?

• ses
    Mississippi River

I just got 2 new Optima D34M batteries and I went to hook them up to my ProMariner ProSport 12 on-board charger. Then I got to thinking do I need to do anything different when hooking these Optima D34M batteries up compared to my old everstarts that I had?

There is a label on the ProSport that says Lead Acid and Gel Selectable and that is what has me wondering….

Thanks in advance!

ses
    Mississippi River

ProSport 12, 2 Outputs, 12/24V, 12A Capacity from PROFESSIONAL MARINER
    ProSport Generation 2 On-Board Marine Battery Chargers rise to the next level of performance. Rugged 100% waterproof and shockproof design with advanced electronics in a heavy-duty, compact, lightweight case. Maintenance Mode is safe for short- or long-term storage. User Selectable Functions: 3 Charge Profiles—User selectable performance charge profiles for: Flooded (lead-acid)/Standard AGM, GEL & High Performance (HP) AGM. Conditioning/Maintenance Mode for lead-acid batteries .

rod-man
    Pine City, MN.

They hook up the same way as you did in the past

duckilr
    Mississippi River

Quote:

They hook up the same way as you did in the past

Are you positive? For some reason I thought I remember having to switch something on the charger???

mb376
    Lincoln, Nebraska

I believe your Optima’s are AGM batteries. AGM can be charged the same as lead acid. You only need to select gel if you are using a true “gel” battery.

ses
    Mississippi River

Thanks guys!

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.