NO WAY!!!!!!!

• fish4fish888
    Wahkon,MN

I dont know how many of you went to the deer classic this year but not far in after you walked in the mail entrence was a 4 wheeler you could sign up for to win. along with other prizes such as a wild jersey viking tickets and a dream vacation to florida.well…. i got a call last night and was asked if i attended the classic last weekend when i said yeah they asked if i remembered signing up for the florida vacation. yeah i do remember that i said. well my name was drawn for the vacation. you spend 4 days and 4 nights in orlando, 4 days and 4 nights in fort lauterdale and 4 days and 4 nights in daytona beach all inclusive. i have to pay tax on the trip which was 400 and something dollars and get myself down to orlando everything else is taken care of. i couldnt believe what i was hearing. i can also add on a 3 day cruise to the bahamas for half price. this is going to be fun. hopefully its legit and not a scam. im guessing since it was a deal down at the classic its all good so im not too worried. im stoked my boss at meat on mille lacs told me today if i didnt want to go her and her husband would buy it from me. the trip is valued at a little over 4000 dollars, hmmm if she gives me the right price it sure would be nice to sell it haha

flatfish
    Rochester, MN

congrats and good luck with that

joemama
    North St Paul

if it sounds too good to be true it probably is

rkd-jim
    Fountain City, WI.

Congrats……check to see if it is transferable.

big_g
    Isle, MN

Sounds very familiar… I “won” a trip to Fl & the 1/2 price Cruise at the boat show one year… name in a drawing, Grand Prize was a boat… also had this trip you speak of as a prize. Myself and 2 other guys that went to the show all “won” the trip… none of us went, but I suspect it was a timeshare deal…. any trip worth winning, would at least provide airfare from the continental 48 to Fl. IMHO. Not trying to pop your bubble, but it does sound awfully familiar.

big G

Mike W
    MN/Anoka/Ham lake

I have won something similar also. Sounded to fishy to go so we didnt.

phishirman
    Madison, WI

About 15 years ago, I “won” the same deal. I knew right away it was just a marketing scheme, but we didn’t think it wasn’t too bad of a deal so my future wife and I went. We did the whole thing and really found nothing to complain about. being 21 at the time we didn’t really care, but they definitely don’t set you up in 4 star accomodations. I remember not being able to walk barefoot in our room in the bahamas or the carpet would turn our feet electric blue and the resort itself was kind of in shambles. They definitely made sure we had a good time though Never drank so much rum punch in my life

bzzsaw
    Hudson, Wi

If it is one of the time sharing deals, it should say something about comitting to sitting through some sort of presentation otherwise you agree to pay full price for the vacation. Read the fine print.

My wife and I have done a couple of these deals in Hawaii and Arizona through Marriot, Shereton, and Westin chains. They were all very nice accomodations. None of them were all inclusive though, so maybe yours is different. The presentations were about 90 minutes long. They use very high pressure sales tactics. Just tune them out and practice saying “NO, NO, NO, Not Interested, NO, NO, NO, Not Interested, NO, NO, NO, Not Interested”. Just when you think you finally are done and you haven’t signed up for their deal, expect that they will offer you their ‘Super Deal’. Hang tough, you will almost be done at this point.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.