cookies

• netman
    Wisconsin

So i hear all this talk about cookies being left at Everts to pry info from the walleye gods,the only problem is, what flavor(s) do the gods prefer. Will be headed to Everts next week and being a novice it sounds like the bite may be tough, so i neeed to know what flavor increases a guys odds of finding fish and i have permission from the warden to spend around $150 for a new walleye rod, any suggestions on a combo for that price would help. I am looking at getting a jigging rod or a pitching rod. Thanks and monday will not come soon enough.

trumar
    Rochester, Mn

I am no help on the rod combo,but,Dean will certainly help there and I do know that “soft peanut butter” cookies go a long ways at Everts

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster
    Minnesota/Wisconsin Mississippi River

…and leave them for Dean on the doorstep of camper #9.

whiskeyandwater
    ????

Not only will the PB cookies likely get you all you need to know about the fishing, I’m guessing they will get you all the info you need about a rod with a test run before you buy it.

burbob
    Hastings,MN

Mojo rods are pretty nice for the money
    Check out a 6’8 Medium extra fast or a 6’9 ML extra fast paired with a President 6730
    Might come in close to the $150 range

joe-winter
    St. Peter, MN

don’t know what flavor will get you in the door but I can give a couple combo ideas in that price range.(all rods mentioned I would pair with a shimano(sedona = bang for buck, Symetre or stradic = quality) or plueger reel (president = bang for buck, Supreme XT = quality).) 1.) a little more expensive would be Avid rod .(pitching 6’9″ mlxf) 2) St. Croix Mojo Bass 6’9″ mlxf (pitching again) 3.) Limit Creek rod

tom_gursky
    Michigan's Upper Peninsula(Iron Mountain)

Cookies……… Dean is very flexible

$150 Combo…… Pitching/dragging/rigging
    Limit Creek 6’9″ Smoothie and Pflueger Asaro reel
    or St.Croix Mojo 68MXF, with Pflueger/Shimano reel
    $150 Combo…… Jigging
    St. Croix Triumph or Premier 6’6″(ML or Med) and Pflueger President or Shimano Sedona

Just some suggestions…Dean can expand on these…

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster

Quote:

Dean is very flexible

Who cares about DEAN!! Hello??

Dean Marshall
    Chippewa Falls WI /Ramsey MN

Couple good options for ya to check out and water test,make sure the cookies have a safe ride!

netman
    Wisconsin

Thanks for all the input guys. Dean, can’t wait to get there and i’ll guard’em with my life.

b-mac
    Hudson, WI

there needs to be a separate forum for repetitive jokes and constant ball washing of other men

the better half
    Champlin, MN

Quote:

there needs to be a separate forum for repetitive jokes and constant ball washing of other men

James was online earlier so maybe he will see this and get on it right away. How about a forum naming contest?!

netman
    Wisconsin

Quote:

wow,i’m sorry you feel that way mac,but nobody was trying to ruffle feathers, the fact of the matter is that taking a peace offering can only improve a guys chances at getting the right tool for the job, putting some food in the freezer, and building friendships. And if that’s ball washing (as you call it), i guess i’m guilty and glad to not be you.

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster

Could someone give me a larger towel?

netman
    Wisconsin

Sure you don’t want some sunglasses instead.

hgsivu
    Mesa AZ

Better to have one of them ‘Cookies’!

Joel Ballweg
    Sauk City, Wisconsin

Quote:

On the sixth post already B’Mac….. sure hope that’s not a sign of things to come.

Most of us try to keep it a little friendlier around here than that. You sure this is the right fishing site for you?

Good luck at P4 netman! Sorry I had to miss this one.

Boog

netman
    Wisconsin

That’s what i thought Boog. I understand not making the trek to Red Wing. Sure wish you and Dewey could have made it, keep it in mind for next year and maybe we’ll cross paths this spring, take care.

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.