Lakemaster MN Chip Question

• mojogunter

I was wondering if anyone knows if the Lakemaster chip has any depth conture lines for Lake Superior? I looked on line and they had Superior Lake listed in the lakes covered. I did a search for a Superior Lake in MN, and couldn’t find one, so I am wondering if “Superior Lake” is Lake Superior. I went into Thorne brother and asked, and they weren’t sure, so they pulled the chip out and put it into a Demo HDS10 and every time he tried to zoom in the Locator would freeze up. They tried about six times and the unit locked up every time. Any info would be greatly appreciated.

dandorn
    M.I.N.N.E.S.O.T.A.

It states

“Great Lakes Coverage Includes:

-Western Lake Superior in 3ft contours.

-Duluth Harbor, Superior Harbor, and St. Louis River in 1ft contours”

on the LakeMap website for the 2009 MN chip.

LakeMap link

sliderfishn
    Blaine, MN

It has some, how far out are you wanting contour lines?
    What area are you looking for as well, I can grab my XOG and tell you exactly if I know what area to look at.

Ron

jdoely

The 09 MN lakemaster has superior content.. We trolled from Duluth to Two Harbors last year using it. Kinda crazy to see 360 ft on the gps. I have had some problems with this chip in my Hds units though…

Czech
    Cottage Grove, MN

Somebody say something about Lakemaster? That darn avatar got me again…And again, and again, and again…

JasonP
    Twin Cities

Quote:

The 09 MN lakemaster has superior content.. We trolled from Duluth to Two Harbors last year using it. Kinda crazy to see 360 ft on the gps. I have had some problems with this chip in my Hds units though…

I think you’re right but if I remember it only shows the depth west of the line…could be wrong though.

J

JasonP
    Twin Cities

Quote:

they pulled the chip out and put it into a Demo HDS10 and every time he tried to zoom in the Locator would freeze up. They tried about six times and the unit locked up every time.

Good thing you weren’t lookin to buy a sonar!

mojogunter

No doubt, I was not impressed with the new latest and greatest Lowrance. The area I am looking for is from the St. Louis River outlet east along the WI shore. I started trolling for walleyes out there last year, and just would like a chip that has some conture lines. It would be nice if it covered more as well. Thanks for the info guys.

Quote:

Quote:

they pulled the chip out and put it into a Demo HDS10 and every time he tried to zoom in the Locator would freeze up. They tried about six times and the unit locked up every time.

Good thing you weren’t lookin to buy a sonar!

sliderfishn
    Blaine, MN

Quote:

The area I am looking for is from the St. Louis River outlet east along the WI shore. I started trolling for walleyes out there last year, and just would like a chip that has some conture lines. It would be nice if it covered more as well.

The ’09 has three foot contour lines
    You should be good to go

jhalfen

The Lakemaster-WI chip for Humminbird covers Superior:

Check out this link for details:

http://www.lakemap.com/greatlakesmaps.aspx

Here are some screen captures from the Apostle Island and south shore area, including one of the Humminbird-exclusive features (Depth Range highlight, 80-90 feet).

If you’d like a peek at a particular area, let me know!

mojogunter

Thanks, now I have something else to buy.

mark-bruzek
    Two Harbors, MN

If youre in Wi waters ger wi chip. Mn for MN. Sounds obvious but just so you know that the chip cuts out at the state line. -Mark
    Also, keep an eye on craigslist, there are a few 09′ mn and wi every now and then. -MB

sliderfishn
    Blaine, MN

Quote:

If youre in Wi waters ger wi chip. Mn for MN. Sounds obvious but just so you know that the chip cuts out at the state line.

That is not correct Mark, I use my ’09 MN Lakemaster chip for when I fish Chequamegon Bay for giant smallies and that is a long way from the Mn/Wi border

whittsend

Jason –

Do the Lakemaster WI chips cover any of Lake Michigan???

Thanks for the MN chip screenshots!!

jhalfen

All of Lake Michigan is covered, including Green Bay, on the WI chip. Here are some shots of the Milwaukee Harbor area and Green Bay.

jhalfen

Quote:

If youre in Wi waters ger wi chip. Mn for MN. Sounds obvious but just so you know that the chip cuts out at the state line. -Mark
    Also, keep an eye on craigslist, there are a few 09′ mn and wi every now and then. -MB

As usual, Ron is right.

The Lakemaster-WI chip for Humminbird covers much of the western basin of Lake Superior, including MN and WI waters. Here are a couple screen shots from MN waters. The first is just off Castle Danger, and the second is up the St. Louis river in a shipping area. There are some differences in resolution in different areas. For example, the harbor and St Louis river are covered with 1 ft contours. Up the north shore is covered with 3 ft contours.

Coverage of Lake Superior on the Lakemaster-WI chip for Humminbird runs up the north shore to the Lake/Cook county line, has all the WI waters as far east as the WI/MI state line, and goes up the St Louis river to just beyond the Hwy 23 bridge.

Hope that helps!

andyk49916

Do you or does anyone know if there is a lakemaster chip with coverage of central Lake Superior Upper Michigan(Keweenaw bay Baraga county). I want to use ipilot link but don’t want to buy the wrong chip.

Michael C. Winther
    Reedsburg, WI

Do you or does anyone know if there is a lakemaster chip with coverage of central Lake Superior Upper Michigan(Keweenaw bay Baraga county). I want to use ipilot link but don’t want to buy the wrong chip.

It looks like the Great Lakes v4 or the new Ontario v1 chip might have what you’re looking for. They both specifically list Baraga for the Lake Superior central portion, although it’s not High Definition.

Great Lakes chip lake list:
    https://www.humminbird.com/uploadedFiles/Site_Assets/manuals/Product_Manuals_from_Shopatron/600015-7_LL_GREAT%20LAKES_r2.pdf

Ontario chip lake list:
    https://www.humminbird.com/uploadedFiles/Content/Category/Support/FAQ/600053-1_LL_ONTARIO_r1.pdf

Lake lists for all Lakemaster chips:
    https://www.humminbird.com/Category/Support/FAQ/LKM_PreviousLakeLists/

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.