WIRELESS FENCE

• moler02
    Iowa, Knoxville

Anyone had any experience or opinion of the wireless dog fences ?? I am probably going to need a temporary something for the dogs. For that matter anyone looking to get rid of one. Thanks, I’m sure you guys will come thru.

tomr
    cottage grove, mn

Had the invisible fence and worked well once dogs trained. Our problem was we had little dogs and bigger dogs would come into the yard and mess with them and finally got tired of it and got the backyard fenced in.

chico-diablo
    New Richmond, WI

I had the same problem, wireless kept the dogs in but, but had problems with others coming into the yard and messing with the dogs, ended up putting up a fence.

AllenW
    Mpls, MN

Bunch of years ago my wife was a service manager for Invisible fence, I remember her saying there was a very low failure rate when the company trained the dogs, not so when customers did it.
    But customers can and do train their own dog.

Also they should really not be considered a fence, more so a dog containment system, difference being as mentioned, other dogs can enter and leave.

They do work when a physical fence is not a choice, but they do have their limitations.

Al

whittsend

Ours works great. We buried it ourselves by hand, I don’t think the whole system cost much over $200. We included about 2 acres worth of yard for the dog to run on our property.

Again, works great for our lab.

Mike

northstar42
    west central Minnesotsa

My nephew has an electronic sending unit that monitors the dog and the distance he is from the house. If he gets too far out, he gets a warning buzzer. If he keeps going, he gets a shot of juice. Works perfect. No fence to bury, no muss no fuss.

Dave Ansell
    Rushford, MN

Northstar, do you know what product that is that your nephew is using? That might work well in a rural area but he can be close to home and still pissing off the neighbors

CornHunka

We have the wireless electric fence for our lab and we love it. Our neighbors were so impressed that they got one also, but note that the signals overlap, so now both dogs have access to twice the area. You do have to keep tabs on the collar’s battery life though. It happened while we were at work and Casey ended up at the pound. Now we just replace the batteries on a set interval whether its dead or not.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.