Golf cart question

• Brian Hoffies
    Land of 10,000 taxes, potholes & the politically correct.

Gas or electric?

Why?

kooty
    Keymaster
    1 hour 15 mins to the Pond

Electric. Quiet.

whittsend

Gas. Then light the match.

Then go fishing. This should solve all of your golf related problems.

jk

Brian Hoffies

Thanks, but not being used for golf.

rkd-jim
    Fountain City, WI.

Gas…………..you can get just about anyone to work on the gas engines. I even fixed my brothers last year and I have no formal training in gasoline engine repair. Besides that when you run out of gas you are just a gas can away from the next tee box. With electric, if you forget to plug it in, it’s a 24 hr charge. $.02

Brian Hoffies

Part II,

Anybody know anything about Robin Fuji engines? I guess they are owned by Suzuki? This is the motor in one of the carts I’m looking at.

Thanks

minnesota_tom
    Grand Meadow, MN

Gas. More power and cheaper to replace one battery than six.

rkd-jim
    Fountain City, WI.

According to the net it is the 4th largest industrial engine maker in the world. Must have some history to rank up there.

What’s the brand on the cart??

ekruger01

i believe the motor on my strike lite is a robin engine!

Brian Hoffies

Quote:

According to the net it is the 4th largest industrial engine maker in the world. Must have some history to rank up there.

What’s the brand on the cart??

I think E-Z GO although I did look at one that was Columbia.

Dean Marshall
    Chippewa Falls WI /Ramsey MN

That is the motor on my mud motor.Good reputation from what I am told,mine has been flawless thus far.

mark-bruzek
    Two Harbors, MN

Ive got a “Suburu” engine in my Coleman generator. Take the cowling off and It says Robin in the recoil. You do the math… Ive got good hours on it in a year and a half running through the night while deer hunting and Ice fishing in the sleeper. Little loud but seems to be holding up fine. Could be worse, could be a rattle trap Briggs or Techumpseh. -Mark

ferny
    Stillwater, MN

I’ve got several buddies up at the lake with both types. I haven’t fixed any electrics other than measuring the batteries once. Just plug them in overnnight and your good.

I have fixed a couple gassers mostly water in the gas. A can of heat and a can of carb cleaner to help it pop off work wonders. I wouldn’t hesitate with either. One buddy with the electric cruizes (with drinks of course) around on and off road with 4 adults and he weigh in about 375! Never had a problem. I usually see them with 1 front wheel off the ground in a high speed corner!

All except 1 cart were all bought used. Heck there’s 1 painted like the Vikings that’s made out of 1/4″ steel diamond plate! Made by AMF and probably from the ’70’s still going strong.

You have to look but you can find them for less than $1500 for a pretty nice one.

Ferny.

CornHunka

It depends on the terrain you are going to drive it on. If it’s flat, go electric. If your course has a bunch of hills, gas is the way to go.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.