HB 768 SonarGPS

• holennet
    Park View, Iowa

Noticed Cabelas has a heck of a deal on a HB 768 for $299. It is gray scale with dual beam. Since I have been planning to upgrade, just wondering if I should not pass on this deal.
    Thanks for any input.

riverwrat
    Hastings/ Northfeild,MN

I would! I upgraded 3 years ago from a Lowrance x51 to a HB 787c2. a buddy who is an FLW pro gave me that new HB for letting him borrow my wifes van and he insisted on me getting a GPS graph in my jon boat and i am glad he did! That sounds like a good price on the one at cabelas! Didn’t think i would like the change, at that time was a fancy graph for a “Duck\Fish Boat”

jhalfen

As I understand it, the 768 is not receiving the Lakemaster compatibility software update. That may, or may not, matter to you….but it would certainly matter to me!

If you’re looking for a basic, no-frills black and white sonar/GPS combo, then the 768 may be a good choice!

holennet
    Park View, Iowa

Thanks for the input Jason. I purchased the 768. As you said a no frills unit is a good starting point for me. My plan for the future is to buy another HB which will be more sophisticated. At that time I’ll make the 768 a bow mount. Such a good price for the 768, thought I’d give it a shot.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.