Trailer Winch causing me Grief

• uglystick007

I just purchased a new trailer winch on clearance for my boat.
    The reason for the purchase was…. I thought the new winch looked easier for my wife to use. Every time we tried to load the boat she would have problems getting the winch hooked up and cranked up. Sometimes I would have to jump in and help her. So I saw a winch on clearance with a real simple ratchet pawl hoping this would help her out.
    So I’m installing the new winch and the instructions are written in fifteen languages and the pictures are drawn with a big crayon. I can’t figure out where the strap is supposed to go….. So I’m looking at the old winch and notice that the crank turns Righty loosey and lefty tighty.
    So I go Duhh!!!
    But, then I screw up by telling my wife the great discovery of why she can’t get the boat on the trailer.

She wants me to take the new winch with the really nice ratchet pawl off the trailer and fix the old winch……………

walleyetom1
    Illinois

Where did you find a wife that will winch the boat up for you? You better keep her and do as she says.

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster
    Minnesota/Wisconsin Mississippi River

My Favorite Wife winches the boat on for me…have I ever told you about the time she wanted a new ceiling fan? I had to move five ceiling fans to put up one.

Smile, do it and have a beer in the garage when finished.

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster
    Minnesota/Wisconsin Mississippi River

Quote:

So I’m looking at the old winch and notice that the crank turns Righty loosey and lefty tighty.

Since I can’t see your winch..could you pull all the rope out of it and then continue cranking the same direction to have it turn the correct way?

In other words, is the rope or belt on backwards(?)

smithkeith
    Waterloo, Iowa

Yup……what BK said???????

Pumpintheline

My wife has always cranked the boat up for me. Part of the Pre-nup!

northstar42
    west central Minnesotsa

My wife started cranking the boat up for me about two years ago when I put in the winch where you just push this little button.

smithkeith
    Waterloo, Iowa

Don’t tell my wife about the little button ones!!!!!

hoistafish1
    Long Prairie,MN

Quote:

Quote:

So I’m looking at the old winch and notice that the crank turns Righty loosey and lefty tighty.

Since I can’t see your winch..could you pull all the rope out of it and then continue cranking the same direction to have it turn the correct way?

In other words, is the rope or belt on backwards(?)

yep…what he said!

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.