Storing Spinners

• Wade Boardman
    Grand Rapids, MN

What do you guys do to store your spinner rigs? This is what I do, however I’m not sure it’s the best method. The link is a picture of how I currently do it.

Doug Bonwell
    Cedar Falls IA

A buddy told me to use the nurf type swim tubes. Cut a slit part way (1/4″) down the middle. You can make a bunch of these from 1 tube. I don’t put the blades on until I find what’s working. Here’s picture of what I mean. I then put 3 cut tubes in a 1 or 2 gallon baggie.

jmiller
    Blaine, MN

Aother great option is using the 5 foot noodles that the kids use in the swimming pools. They work really well. Plano even makes a box for storing them.

Warriorguy

I use the swim tubes as well. I have 3 of them that I store in a Plano box and keep them in a storage compartment out of the sun. Works great.

Brian Robinson
    central Neb

Those noodles are great ideas. The hooks will go into the noodles nicely, but how is the other end of the snell held in place?

Also, these holders from Cabela’s are the ones I’ve been using as of late. Has anyone else used them, and if so, what thoughts do you have on them?

spinner storage

sliderfishn
    Blaine, MN

Quote:

Those noodles are great ideas. The hooks will go into the noodles nicely, but how is the other end of the snell held in place?

Just cut a slit in the noodle itself and insert the other end into it.

Pumpintheline

No picture But I use the insulation used for pipes for the spinner rigs, wrapped around a 2″- 2/1/2″ pvc pipe. I cap both ends of the PVC. You get a little extra storage from inside the pipe for new still in the package spinners,swivels, beads, stingers etc. Pretty much self contained Just another idea

jon_jordan
    St. Paul, Mn

I store spinners in half size ziplocks. I can keep up to 100 in a shoe box size tupperware container. I transfer them to a tube when I plan to use them.

-J.

hairjig
    Cudahy, Wis.

Ruger, I also use the tube you show or you can use the small “swim noodles” for winding on harnesses. But if you use “quick change clevises” I have an idea for storing spinner blades. Are you familiar with the old style “pear shaped” shower curtain hooks that inter lock? They make an awesome device for putting spinner blades on.Then just put them into a compartment of a Plano box…………

Wade Boardman
    Grand Rapids, MN

Point being most you guys do wind your spinners tightly around some object for storage. I was just wondering mono does have some memory and will maintain that loop appearance until pressure is applied. If it’s really a concern, I’ll move over to the baggie method. Thanks guys.

jon_jordan
    St. Paul, Mn

Quote:

I was just wondering mono does have some memory and will maintain that loop appearance until pressure is applied.

That’s exactly the reason I don’t put them on a noodle until the day before I plan to use them. That and I can store a lot more and pack them into a small container.

-J.

t-ellis
    Colorado Springs, CO

Quote:

Push pins work great in holding the other end on the tube.

311hemi
    Dayton, MN

I prefer the Tackle Buddy Spinner Holder which is pretty close to the first picture but it rubber coated instead of foam. Plus, if you wanted you could put your blades inside it as the ends can pop off..

I keep two of these holders in one of the large flat plano boxes…….and then have assorted colored blades, no snag sinkers, sinker clips, beads, and all the other small parts I need in the different compartments of that box. This way I only need to have one box out when running spinner rigs.

jon_jordan
    St. Paul, Mn

Hey Ruger,

When you posted this it remined me it’s time to get tying up spinners for next summer. Here is an Article/Video I put together this weeken. Hope you fine something useful here:

Tying and Storing Crawler Harnesses

-J.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.