need sheet metal for ice house exterior

• stcroixer
    Croix Valley

I am building an small ice house and I am looking for some thin galvanized or aluminum sheets, around 300-400 sqft.

I checked discount steel and some other metal suppliers but they range from 1-2 dollars a sqft., adds up fast even for a small house.

Anybody know of a less expensive source, and only one side needs to look good, the other will be glued to hard insulation.

Thanks.

Brian Hoffies
    Land of 10,000 taxes, potholes & the politically correct.

Check your local shopper newspaper for guys who build pole barns. If you can find the crew that puts them up (vs the company that sells them) you may find they have extra material at reasonable prices.

mark-bruzek
    Two Harbors, MN

I work for an exteriors company and we did a couple of horse barn roofs, we had some extra lengths but had takers. One reccomendation is to look up Pole Barn builders and call them to see if they have and random or short peices left from a job. Im not sure where these are located but Morton and Structural are two makers I know of. Hope this ges you somewhere. -Mark

trumar
    Rochester, Mn

Look for a place that makes custom trailers used for stock cars, they should have big sheets of aluminum or guide you to someone who sells it.

Mike Stephens
    WI.

I’m thinkin– beer cans and duct tape

Jesse Krook
    Y.M.H.

Quote:

I’m thinkin– beer cans and duct tape

I can help with that

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.