IF/WHEN He comes back

• dgilgen
    Eau Claire Wisconsin

We’re not hearing much from the Vikes fans today! Must be a sad day for you guys… Great season with a typical Favre finale! There’s always next year and I have a hinkering that #4 will be back hungrier than ever! Enjoy the Pro Bowl Brett, that is, if you decide to play! It may be too painful for him to show his face…

whiskeyandwater
    ????

Quote:

Already

JJ it was only a matter of time. Why not today?

Personally I hope he comes back. I want to watch him fall apart infront of my yes’ and I didn’t EXACTLY get that wish this year. But I did call that interception before the season started. so I’ll take that!

sivee
    Hudson,Wi. Locked out/ Croix

tptdog5
    Omaha, NE

Not being a big football fan, I thought the “He” in the subject line was referring to someone else… And that “He” is definitely coming back.

the_grump
    Le Center

If Favre plays like he did this year, (yesterday included)he can remain on the Vikes til he is 80.
    In my opinion he was the player of the game yesterday.

rkd-jim
    Fountain City, WI.

Quote:

If Favre plays like he did this year, (yesterday included)he can remain on the Vikes til he is 80.

The “Green and Gold glasses” have now become the “Purple Glasses”!!!!!!! Thank God it’s over!!

Jesse Krook
    Y.M.H.

Quote:

Player of the game DOES NOT throw interceptions. Any one on the Vikes defensive line yesterday takes the player of the game award

whiskeyandwater
    ????

Quote:

Not being a big football fan, I thought the “He” in the subject line was referring to someone else… And that “He” is definitely coming back.

Well If you ask Favre I believe he thinks he is the other “HE”.

whiskeyandwater
    ????

Quote:

We’re not hearing much from the Vikes fans today! Must be a sad day for you guys… Great season with a typical Favre finale! There’s always next year and I have a hinkering that #4 will be back hungrier than ever! Enjoy the Pro Bowl Brett, that is, if you decide to play! It may be too painful for him to show his face…

Oh He’ll be there. I’m pretty sure right after he signed the contract he already chartered his private Jet to Miami. Not to mention what better way to get your name mentioned during the super Bowl, if your not playing in it, than announcing your first of 3 up coming retirements for the off season.

Dobber
    S.W. WI

what game did jjkrooked watch? farve played a very good game.

DrewH
    s/w WI.

When was the last time the Vikings made it that far?

garvi
    LACROSSE WI

Quote:

Oh He’ll be there. I’m pretty sure right after he signed the contract he already chartered his private Jet to Miami. Not to mention what better way to get your name mentioned during the super Bowl, if your not playing in it, than announcing your first of 3 up coming retirements for the off season.

If I remember correctly, he only went to his first pro bowl and declined all the others.I could be wrong but I do know he delined most of them.

garvi
    LACROSSE WI

Quote:

what game did jjkrooked watch? farve played a very good game.

28/46, 310yds,1td,2int,1fumble, qb rating 70.0

whiskeyandwater
    ????

98-99. Hey didn’t that end in much the same way?

whiskeyandwater
    ????

By the way as a bears fan there are few things in life I get more excitement out of other than the failing of the Vikings and Favre. being able to put them together is like a dream come true!

yeah I know my team has issues,but misery loves company right?

tom_gursky
    Michigan's Upper Peninsula(Iron Mountain)

As a Bear fan for over 50 years…are you KIDDING ME! Jay Cutler gets paid 5X Favre’s salary and threw 29 INTs this year with a lower QB rating…
    Just putting things in perspective…

The loss was a team loss… TURNOVERS #1 reason… Petersen killed them with fumbles… The Vikes got WAY more than they paid for in Brett Favre…I’d take him over Jay Cutler in a heartbeat!
    Lets see how many other Primadonna QBs in the NFL right now play until their 40 and take 16 bone crushing hits like we saw… THAT OFFENSIVE LINE GETTING an MVP award???
    THEY STUNK UP THE PLACE!

Randy Wieland
    Lebanon. WI

Quote:

By the way as a bears fan there are few things in life I get more excitement out of other than the failing of the Vikings and Favre. being able to put them together is like a dream come true!

yeah I know my team has issues,but misery loves company right?

Love Da Bears…don’t like the coach, hate the owner. But I do enjoy watching Farve and seeing the passion for winning…or at least going down in flames trying. Wanted to see the VyQueens win. I was brought up to believe in rank and order. Bears, NFC nort, NFC, then back to fishing. Could never root for the ALL FAIRY Conference

taz
    Frederic wi

Quote:

ummmmm 98

whiskeyandwater
    ????

Oh I’m not saying cutler is the answer. Don’t get me wrong but there are two things I more than anything in football. Favre, and the Vikings. Besides If you put Favre on the Bears and he would have ended with 29 INTs too.

shaley
    Milford IA

If we have this years team next year I’d love to see him play again in the Purple&Gold. At 41 he’ll still be better than our other options. You know the Vikes record at buying up old QB’s.

Yesterdays game was lost by the whole team, in all honesty we should have lost by 30 not 3 in overtime.

Vikes fan forever but also a realist.

coot
    North Central Wisconsin

If he wants to come back, I hope the Vikes welcome him with open arms!

garvi
    LACROSSE WI

Quote:

The loss was a team loss… TURNOVERS #1 reason… Petersen killed them with fumbles… The Vikes got WAY more than they paid for in Brett

Correction Peterson did have 2 fumbles but NO TURNOVERS, the hand off one goes on Favre because he was the last one to have possesion, Peterson never had possesion so you can’t lose what you never had.

P.S if the Vik’s want to send Peterson down the road it could be a short trip to GB we would take him in a heart beat.

5 turnovers
    1)Harvin fumble
    2)Berrian fumble
    3) Favre fumble
    4) Favre int
    5) Favre int

Lets see who had 3 out of 5 turnovers ?????

eronningen
    Rochester, MN

Quote:

Quote:

The loss was a team loss… TURNOVERS #1 reason… Petersen killed them with fumbles… The Vikes got WAY more than they paid for in Brett

Correction Peterson did have 2 fumbles but NO TURNOVERS, the hand off one goes on Favre because he was the last one to have possesion, Peterson never had possesion so you can’t lose what you never had.

P.S if the Vik’s want to send Peterson down the road it could be a short trip to GB we would take him in a heart beat.

5 turnovers
    1)Harvin fumble
    2)Berrian fumble
    3) Favre fumble
    4) Favre int
    5) Favre int

Lets see who had 3 out of 5 turnovers ?????

You are just not going to get over Brett Farve breaking up with you are you? Typical to try to bring down your old Lover, run him in the ground and try to make us not love him. Fact is that he is pretty great. Despite the hand off fumble being credited to Farve, we saw it and Farve put it where it was suppose to be. Technically it was AP’s fumble despite what the stat sheets say and you know it. That was the biggest turning point in the game. And it was not your ex boyfriends fault.

walleyebuster5
    Central MN

Quote:

Quote:

ummmmm 98

actually, it was two years after that.

garvi
    LACROSSE WI

Quote:

You are just not going to get over Brett Farve breaking up with you are you?

Sorry but YOU ARE WRONG I for one was glad that GREENBAY SENT HIM PACKING. They traded him to the jets but that didn’t work out to well and he wanted to get back at Green Bay so that is the ONLY reason he wanted to go with the Vik’s and guess what he got the Vikings just one more game this season,got you a lower draft pick, and had to change your game plan to a all me system, and made one of the best running backs in the league take a back seat behind him just for his inflated ego, now all we will hear for the next 8 months is is he coming back ? He will not give the viking a answer untill at least traing camp because He feels he doesn’t need training camp, so now he will hold your team hostage just to get what he wants (or should I say what his wife wants).

So I am glad he got kicked to the curb I am just sick of seeing his face being plastered all over the news and hearing about him all the time on the radio, He is not GOD but he thinks he is.

And to answer your response I didn’t know you were supposed to hand off to the side of the body and hit the elbow But I guess If that is the way Brett Favre does it then everyone else does it wrong.

So hear is to you for thinking you know how I feel

walleyebuster5
    Central MN

will you be upset if he goes into the HOF as a Viking?

tom_gursky
    Michigan's Upper Peninsula(Iron Mountain)

Even Troy Aikman commented that Petersen did not offer Favre an open pocket to hand the ball off… Petersen has been prone to fumble his whole career.

Who fumbled to end the Packer’s hope for a playoff win??? Aren’t you going to put that loss on Rogers?
    Same scenerio, same position, he threw 2 INTs, last play of the game… But you haven’t criticised him one iota I am not seeing a difference here between those situations…

Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 34 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.