Cougar cofirmed in Western WI

• Jeremiah Shaver
    La Crosse, WI

Tribune article posted today:

EAU CLAIRE, Wis. – A cougar has been seen roaming in three western Wisconsin counties, state wildlife officials said Tuesday.

A motion-activated trail camera captured a photograph of the cougar Saturday night in Dunn County, according to the Department of Natural Resources.

DNR biologist Jess Carstens then discovered a partially eaten fawn deer carcass Monday covered with corn stalks in a farmer’s field.

Tracks and hair samples also have been found in St. Croix and Pierce counties, DNR officials said

http://www.lacrossetribune.com/news/local/article_8a36bfc0-eff3-11de-b46c-001cc4c002e0.html

85lund
    Menomonie, WI

I guess he passed through my neck of the woods the last few days. Kind of weird to think that there are now 2 types of cougars roaming the streets of Menomonie

suzuki
    Woodbury, Mn

I’m not sure how I feel about them coming back. On one hand it seems neat but on the other we are used to being without them. We’ll see.

joe-winter
    St. Peter, MN

LUND

I am not sure why the DNR doesn’t just wait outside of Off Broadway like the rest of us to catch this cougar.

85lund
    Menomonie, WI

Quote:

LUND

I am not sure why the DNR doesn’t just wait outside of Off Broadway like the rest of us to catch this cougar.

Now that is FUNNY!!!

big-bird
    Prescott, WI

Maybe we could help with the trapping!

timschmitz
    Waconia MN

Quote:

Maybe we could help with the trapping!

I will help my sconie brothers and bag this Cougar

salmo_trutta
    River Falls,WI

I heard the growls over the summer deep in the woods fishing the kinnickinnic river, makes sense now. would be interesting sight to see as long as the trigger happy farmers dont shoot it first. arent cougars endangered up here?

northstar42
    west central Minnesotsa

That’s the real thing alright. She looks a little long in the tooth for the boys to be real interested though.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.