prayers and advice needed

• Tucker02
    Mn

My son just called me to let me know his girlfriend’s dad got killed in a snowmobile accident last night. I am heart broken, they have been together for 4 years and I don’t know what I can do to help them through the pain. I told my son, I to let me know what I can do, I feel so helpless. I just want to take the pain away. Any advice? Please say a prayer for Tara and her dad. Thanks

walleye_wisdom
    Big Sky Country Helena, MT (Adel, IA home)

Prayers to her family and yours too. Such a sad time to lose a family member. Sometimes being there and time is the only thing that can help s tragedy like this…

Tucker02
    Mn

Thanks for the reply it means alot.

fishinfool
    mn

Sorry to hear of the loss, its tough and even tougher around the holidays. Words of comfort are the best.
    One thing I noticed in my sons death is that about two weeks after the funeral it gets real quiet around the house, that is a great time for those that care to check up on those grieving to see if they need anything or just need a little company.

Take care -Gods prayers to all
    FISHINFOOL

markmoran
    Rochester MN

My families prayers are with you and your son and his girlfriend.

stuart
    Mn.

He needs to be there for her and do what feels right,realy is not any thing that we can say that makes it better, but being the shoulder to lean on is important.
    I just found out last night on the news and am going to miss John at work,we have worked together for 16 yrs.
    My heart goes out to the girls,I know he loved them with all his heart and soul.

cpetey
    Onalaska, Wi

“When we honestly ask ourselves which person in our lives means the most to us, we often find that it is those who, instead of giving much advice, solutions, or cures, have chosen rather to share our pain and touch our wounds with a gentle and tender hand. The friend who can be silent with us in a moment of despair or confusion, who can stay with us in an hour of grief and bereavement, who can tolerate not knowing, not curing, not healing and face with us the reality of our powerlessness, that is a friend who cares.”
    ~Henri Nouwen

kooty
    Keymaster
    1 hour 15 mins to the Pond

So sorry to hear this. My thoughts and prayers go out for all of you.

85lund
    Menomonie, WI

My thoughts and prayers go out to both families. Let them know again and again how much you love them.

shadrap23
    Ramsey, MN

very sad… Prayers sent!

be there to listen. Unfortunately there will be a lot of “firsts” without her dad and they will be difficult. This is long after everyone else gets back to life as normal.

Bob Gordon
    Washington,IL

Prayers, and be there for your son and his girlfriend.

chomps
    Sioux City IA

prayers go out to the family and your son also. Just make sure he knows that you support him and are ready to talk when he is ready, each person grieves a different way.

hookem
    Hastings,Minn.

A lot of good advice given there so far. Usually not much needs to be said, because words seem hollow at a time like this, even though you mean well. Just your presence can be very comforting,it shows that you care, and giving a shoulder to cry on and warm embraces.
    It will be difficult for a season and then the pain starts to feel less heavy as time passes.
    Trust in God and lean on Him in this difficult time.
    Prayers for God’s comfort,peace,and strength for all the families.

big_g
    Isle, MN

Prayers for everyone dealing with this sad tragedy. Just being there, helps alot. I remember when my dad passed away… I had buddies from High School (removed 10 years+) come to his wake and funeral… I really didn’t notice them, or talk to them at that time. Weeks & now years later reflecting back, they sure helped alot. Just them being there meant the world to me, even now. Time heals.

Glen

life1978
    Eau Claire , WI

Good luck buddy! Prays are coming. I think you’ve done all you can do for now just by saying you’re there for them and will do what ever they need to help.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.