EJ Henderson

• jay55447
    Plymouth MN.

Did you guys happen to see the slow motion shot of his leg . Talk about a Joe Theisman (sp?) Out for the season what about next or his career?? Can you come back from that? ouch

Brent Yeakey
    Bloomer, WI

Who else saw that had couldn’t help but think of Willis Mcgahee in the National Championship game? Talk about a painful looking injury. That was awful!

hags54701
    Eau Claire, WI

I don’t think EJ will be playing football ever again, but I don’t know. He is a tough nut, anything is possible.
    On a brighter note for all of us Packer fans. Good to see the real Brett Favre is back. I have been a lifetime fan, and last night’s Brett was the one I remember watching for the past couple decades. He had you fooled for a while. Of course it was that stout Arizona D.

wade
    Cottage Grove, MN

I hope he can come back but I have to believe that is a career ending injury. I almost got sick watching it in slow motion

erick
    Grand Meadow, MN

He had the surgery this morning I do believe….send my prayers to him something you hate to see ANYONE have happen and man is that a big spot to fill in the D!

cougareye
    Hudson, WI

When I was watching that live I said, I hope EJ didn’t get hurt on that. When they showed the one replay, I knew his season was over.

Femur break? Large bone above the knee? Wow, can you come back from that?

My prayers go out to him on his recovery.

ET

kooty
    Keymaster
    1 hour 15 mins to the Pond

I know my leg hurt watching it. Lots of injuries last night.

I guess when you show up over confident and unprepaired it happens.

mskyfshntchr
    Dodge Center, MN

Quote:

I don’t think EJ will be playing football ever again, but I don’t know. He is a tough nut, anything is possible.
    On a brighter note for all of us Packer fans. Good to see the real Brett Favre is back. I have been a lifetime fan, and last night’s Brett was the one I remember watching for the past couple decades. He had you fooled for a while. Of course it was that stout Arizona D.

REALLY??? One game??? Get over it. Every team has a bad game, as does every person…

Should we bring up the two games this year against the pukers from WI?? The destruction of their so called top ranked D?
    And this quote is hilarious!!!–“I have been a lifetime fan, and last night’s Brett was the one I remember watching for the past couple decades.” I don’t think you are a Packer fan…With a comment like that, I KNOW you aren’t!!
    Hmmm…didn’t he win 3 straight MVP’s in that time? Take you to 2 SB’s? Winning one? I’m guessing you didn’t see alot of average games in a lot of those years…Maybe you are thinking of the Dickey, Majik Man, Wright years…

One game. No worries. I’m more worried about losing EJ than our QB play. Maybe we call Derrick Brooks…

And realistically…this is the NFL. Most teams finish right around .500. So to be 10-2…I will take that EVERY year!

keepcasting
    Excelsior

A broken femur has to be increadibly painful! EJ is a tough guy, but I don’t think anyone will question him he doesn’t make it back after that. Not real thrilled about Jasper Brinkley moving into the starting lineup…I think Lieber will probably be calling the defense now.

Mike Stephens
    WI.

I heard the Queens are throwing in the towel, due to the fact that they lost Henderson and Bert is lookin more like Bert

b-curtis
    Farmington, MN

The thing that struck me strange is they didn’t put on an air cast. They had a guy walking along the cart holding his leg?? You would think with all the old people in Arizona they would be better prepared to handle broken bones. Injuries always suck, not matter how much you dislike a team.

As for the game all I can say is wow. Arizona has been really up and down this year (they place better on the road then at home). I certainly expected the Queens to roll. The Queens were totally dominated. It was the first game that Favre looked rattled. Getting a little pressure on the QB brings out the Favre of old. I’m sure they will bounce back this week, although they are playing another team with a winning record (sorry, I wouldn’t feel right if I didn’t take at least one shot at the Queens ).

And a lot of injuries. Are any of them serious besides Henderson’s?

gusschoenfeld
    Winsted, MN

I shattered my femur some years ago and they dont cast it before or after surgery. The only painful part is resetting it. Dont know the extent of his break but I did not have a full day of walking without crutches or cane for 6 months. This really sucks for him and the team. Prayers go out to him.

wade
    Cottage Grove, MN

I think by holding it in place and not trying to put a air cast on it was more of a precaution of knowing how severe it could have been without getting full detail of it, it was a potential compound through skin or what not, just guessing of course, but I played college ball with a guy that had a compound fracture of his femur and he was done after that point…

steveo
    W Central Sconnie

McGahee’s injury was much worse. I beleive he blew out every ligament in his knee. Breaks are much easier to come back from.

Jeremiah Shaver
    La Crosse, WI

Leg breaks always remind me of the Tim Krumrie (Bengals) break in the Super Bowl against the Niners in ’89? I believe.

walleyebuster5
    Central MN

Quote:

Leg breaks always remind me of the Tim Krumrie (Bengals) break in the Super Bowl against the Niners in ’89? I believe.

OH yeah, I remember that one! Difference is that last night they didn’t show it in slow motion from 30 different angles like the SB one!

jay55447
    Plymouth MN.

Rember foster (mn Wild) broke his femur a few years ago took him like a year and a half to come back. Still playing for the NHL just not the wild???

jldii

I broke my femur above the knee when I was young, (3rd grade). They had to run 4 pins through my leg with the ends sticking out both sides of my thigh. 2 above, and 2 below the break. They used 2 clamps to hold the pins which in turn held the bone in place till it re-bonded together, about 6-8 weeks. After that they had to pull those pins out. Kinda like giant sewing needles being pulled thru my leg. They actually used a sterilized vice grip to grab a hold of the pins and then they pulled.

I passed out from the pain.

As for the game, well, thats not the Vikings team we’ve been watching this year, but so be it. I guess I can understand a let down after a blow out win over a big division rival, and being on the road.

Hopefully it will be a wake up call for the rest of the season. As for filling EJ’s spot….maybe they’ll slide Greenway into the middle. I suspect we’ll see Heath Farewell playing a bit more now too, which is fine with me, he’s a big hitter.

After last night, I’m pretty convinced that Arizona has the best reciever corp in the league.

whiskeyandwater
    ????

Was anyone else shocked last night when after they showed it in slow motion, to hear the Madden like comment. “Well that’s too bad, and will likely end EJ’s Season.” SEASON??? Likely? If he takes a few weeks off and comes back for the playoffs I will run out and order a EJ Jersey, and denounce allegiance to the Bears…

bigpike

Thats is too bad for a up and coming player like Henderson. I hope he recovers. The Vikings up to this point have had no major injurys, Winfield will be back so you cant count that as major. One thing that Favre will have to kick in the ditch is the Jets last year were 8-3 and talking SB and Favre was mentioned for MVP then his play started to go down hill. It will be interesting to see if Favre can maintain his level of play this year or if it starts to fall as the level of teams and play increases as we move into the playoffs. One thing is for sure the Vikings have way more talent around Favre this year than the Jets had last year so it would be pretty much be writing on the wall type stuff if his game deteriorates as this season progresses. I personally feel it was just a bad game for the Vikings all the way around and they will bounce back. The D is showing a few chincks in the armour though…..

kooty
    Keymaster
    1 hour 15 mins to the Pond

I’m not sure any facet of their game showed up last night. They should be quite embarassed. I thought the O line looked the worst, followed closely by the special teams, defensive secondary and let’s not leave out the D line. All around, absolutely a no show game.

The absolute worst part of the game, the Brenda Warner sightings. OMG, why in the world would they show her 4 times before half and another 3 after. I know the game wasn’t great, but it’s football. Not look at Kurt Warner’s wife night in america.

Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.