Bev’s in Red Wing?

• AllenW
    Mpls, MN

Wife wants to drive down to Red Wing sat and have breakfast or lunch at Bev’s resturant, says somebody at work said it would be worth the drive.

Anybody eat there???
    tia

al

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster
    Minnesota/Wisconsin Mississippi River

No experiance there…but go early on Friday night and have the fish fry at the Bluff’s. Good price, good food and terrible company if Shooters there.

He’s known as the melted butter natzi.

I’ll be there around 6ish with Dean IF I can drag him out of the bait shop.

AllenW
    Mpls, MN

Thanks, not sure what early is, but wife doesn’t get off till 5:30 and its a hour drive from s mpls to get there.

Al

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster

I’m not sure what time the buffet starts, but between 5 and 6 the lines are quit long. I go between 6 and 6:30, then eat in the bar area. Hardly any in this area unless there’s a wedding. By 7 pm it’s a manageable line.

If I’m lazy, I order the dinner and they bring it to me, if I’m hungry I order the buffet and go to it.

What ever you do always ask for melted butter, even if your just ordering a beer. Softens him up for me.

AllenW
    Mpls, MN

This must be the place in Hagen right?

Soften him up??…..am I going to need medical attention after I ask???

So we could get there later then, in fact sounds almost less crowded after 6:30 or so?
    Thanks, I’ll mention it to the wife.

Al

skineboy
    Red Wing, MN

Bev’s is a great place for breakfast. Old school diner type place with generous portions and very fair prices. I tend to grab breakfast there a lot during hunting season.

~SKINEBOY~

z-man
    Dousman, WI

Came across Bev’s during our October trip to Pool 4. After starting on the water at 5 am for 2 days, we took a mid-day break from fishing and went into town for breakfast.(We forgot our lunch cooler at the Days Inn ) We had the homemade corned beef hash with eggs…..excellent! Service was great, large selection of good stuff, prices reasonable….definitely plan on returning there for meals next time we’re in Red Wing.

nick
    Lakeville, MN

We ate at the Nortons, right near by the other day, it’s on the spendier side, but we thought it was excellent. Not sure if they serve breakfast though, if that what you’re really looking for.

Breakfast wise nothing beats the Orginal Pancake house in Edina. ( I found out on a trip to Miami that they are not all alike… )

lundgeye
    Rochester, Minnesota

Where is it located in RW?

IAcrankbait

Where is the best prime rib??

big shooter
    HAGER CITY, WI

Best eggs benny in town you won’t regret the drive.

AllenW
    Mpls, MN

Quote:

Where is it located in RW?

Here ya go.

http://www.bevscafe.com/

Breakfast or early lunch is what we’re after, we also wanted just the drive with a bit of sightseeing, our last dog had addison’s and finding a place to keep her while we were gone was tough, so we stayed home for the most part, so we have a bit of cabin fever I guess.

Thanks all.
    Al

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster

Shooter, will you be working Friday evening?

Just wanted to know if I need to order melted butter or extra extra melted butter.

erick
    Grand Meadow, MN

Shooter remind the kitchen not to hold the spit this week on BK!

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.