My first outing with my son

• outdoors4life
    Stillwater, MN

I to take my little boy out today and I started him off right by worm hunting first then going fishing. Of course at 7 weeks old the trips can’t be long so we dug up 2 worms and headed to the river. The outing was just to get his introduction young. Some photos then done. It was too windy to stay out too long so we caught a fish and headed home.

He was quite entertained by my explanation on our outing!

“I am ready dad!”

“So we use this?”

“And get this? I could like this!”

I look forward to more and longer outings!

jeff_jensen
    cassville ,wis

Priceless Love the lid

timschmitz
    Waconia MN

If that dont melt your heart you’ve got a block of ice in you’r chest.
    My mom likes the worm pic the best.

Ben Garver
    Hickman, Nebraska

Awesome!! I better get the wife in here for a look at this post. You’re going to be a great father.

trumar
    Rochester, Mn

Very precious indeed

Randy Wieland
    Lebanon. WI

Thanks for the flash-backs to 14 years ago when I had my new born daighter along on my trapline. Awsome memories!!!

85lund
    Menomonie, WI

Enjoy being in every moment you can with him. He is precious. It seems like a month ago mine was that small and now he’s 2 1/5. Mine is a crappie slayer!

diesel
    Menomonee Falls, WI

Outstanding!!

northstar42
    west central Minnesotsa

You just made my day. My daughter is 40 so it has been awhile since I held one that small.

bosman
    DeSoto, WI

and many many many more to come!

outdoors4life
    Stillwater, MN

It does bring a tear to my eye!

I feel very fortunate because he was 4 weeks early and healthy! I spend time every day just him and me. He is never fussy when outside so we work out in the yard often, slows me down but well worth it. Many of my friends thought I was nuts saying that he would be out and fish with me this year and there is still another month and a half. My wife came along just to take pics since I treasure my early photos so much. When fishing is so much of your life you need to pass it on!

redneck
    Rosemount

This is the best post I have seen in a very long time. You are a great Dad and believe me when I say you will reap the rewards many times over for the time and patience you exhibit now. I remember changing my boys diaper on the Lund seat and EVERYONE thought I was crazy for having him out all day in the boat with me. You are on the right track sir and I salute you. Wonderful post

bret_clark
    Sparta, WI

Way cool stuff

farmboy1
    Mantorville, MN

Quote:

It does bring a tear to my eye!

Great Pics. I remember those days as well. My wife was mad at me because she had to go somewhere when my son was a couple months old. She came back and we were sitting in the boat rigging rods. Now he goes everywhere with me!

Treasure the time

yellowdog
    Alma Wi

Great pics You are planting seeds now that will be harvested for the rest of your life!

stuart
    Mn.

Did he get his own tatoo yet?
    Good looking little man.

chris-tuckner
    Hastings/Isle MN

Fantastic photos! Great job!! He sure is a cute little bugger!!

You may want to keep him away from the stink bait though…look what the fumes did to BK.

life1978
    Eau Claire , WI

Great post Aaron. I hope Lydia and my little guy is that cute when we decide to have one. Congrats buddy. Looks like you got a new fishing buddy for life there. When is he getting his Redhorse tattoo

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.