Congrats Vikes…

• Ted Wedul
    holmen, wi

Congrats go out to the Vikings. They won fair and square. Favre played well. The d-line is ferocious!! Harvin…unbelievable… Just think if he is finally free of health issues at some point in his career… Game should have been much worse looking at starting field position… Mike and Mike this morning stated the only position that Green Bay was better than the Vikes was at quarterback…lol Funny how it goes sometimes.

Going to be a tough rest of the season for the Pack. Still hopeful for a wildcard slot and another crack at the Purple in the dome. It would be sweet revenge knocking them out of the playoffs. Wishful thinking at this point to even make the playoffs. We have a chance but will need to have 10 or 11 wins to do it.

Any bets on TT getting run out of GB after this year? I, for one, am fine with him moving on without Favre. I cannot understand why we don’t go after some free agents to solidify the team though?? $20 million under the cap??

Surprised I am not more upset right now…happy is a better word than surprised actually!!! It took me 3-4 weeks after the Superbowl loss to the Burrows… Congrats once again… There is always next year…

Ted

davebmork
    Hayfield Mn

I think the whole Brett Favre saga was started by Ted Thompson. Bottom line…Brett wanted Ted to trade a 4th round pick to the raiders for Randy Moss…Ted did not listen to Favre…..Brett Favre then asked Thompson to sign Moss when he became a free agent….Again Thompson ignores Favre….I think after this Favre thought to heck with this guy i am gone!!!!!!!!!

barebackjack
    New Prague, MN.

TT can hit the road ANY time, sooner the better far as I care!

b-curtis
    Farmington, MN

Sorry to tell you guys Ron Wolf is not coming back. Yes, TT has made a couple poor draft choices, but he has a lot of fixing to do after Sherman. Anybody who thinks TT is the devil because he let Favre go, well that is just silly. The Pack would have been just as bad last year and be the same this year. You make it sound like he let Favre go to play JaMarcus Russel or something. Rodgers is a stud. He isn’t the problem.

Look at some of the things TT has done. The D was absolutely horrible last year. They completely remade it and now are in the top half of the league (although didn’t do so hot yesterday).

I’m not sure how well the bowling ball will work out, but it sure looks like a winner picking Mathews. Let see, he drafted Rodgers, Jennings, Finley, Jolly. Lang did a solid job yesterday on Allen. He brought in Woodson. He brought in Grant when the Pack had zero running backs. Got rid of Walker (have you heard from him lately?) The offense is good, but the O line needs some help and that get fixed they would be great. I bet TT works on that this off season.

I do wonder why they don’t spend their available money. Maybe they want to hold on to it to be able to spend on the guys they already have? I don’t know. MM is a good coach, even though many of you think he sucks. I am not a huge fan of TT, but I think he has done a pretty good job.

Who else do you guys want as GM??

arklite881south

I say KUDOS to the Pack for having arguably less talent, but giving the Vikes all they could handle in the 2nd half. Showed some real heart regardless of the loss. I also say forget about all the Favre Drama…..As I figured earlier this year if the Vikes go deep into the Playoffs it will take more than Brett or AP, but PERCY HARVIN to give them the edge. No doubt about it Percy Harvin ONCE AGAIN was ther true Hero for the VIKES. That guy is amazing!! You have got to give the front office of the VIKES A TON of credit for some of their moves in recent years. Moss, AP, HARVIN, FAVRE, WINFIELD, WILLIAMS BROTHERS………Could go on and on, but they deserve some serious recognition for putting a team on the field that SHOULD BE ABLE TO WIN!! HARVIN……REALLY!! Not only giving the Vikes ridiculous short fields, but Huge TD catches, 1st Down Catches…..HE is making all the other receivers play better, or up to their potential (RICE, BERRIAN, SHIANCOE) as a ROOKIE!!

I still give Rodgers a ton of credit. He was flat out under FIRE getting killed. Yep he probably could have got rid of the ball earlier a few times, but he is one heck of a QB playing like a warrior with mediocre at BEST protection. That O-line for the Packers really came out to play after halftime, and nuetralized our much more talented D-line rush for much of the second half though. Pretty impressive in my book.

Great win for the Vikes no doubt, and even though I’M NOT A PACKER FAN. Pretty strong effort showing lots of pride for the Green Bay team.

I also thought is was pretty classy by a few of the fans to pay tribute to one of the best to ever play the game.

Win/Lose or Draw Vikes fans will likely always hate the Packers, and Pack Fans will likely always hate the Vikes. With that being said the border battles sure make for great entertainment, and at the end of the day or season that is still what it is. Thanks to #4 for coming back whatever your reasons for arguable the most entertaining season thus far for the VIKES in a LONG TIME!!

big_g
    Isle, MN

How about Brett Favre…??? You never know…..

big G

docfrigo
    Wisconsin

Have to say contgrats as well, was very painful to see Brett in purple but Queens have a very good team and Childress might actually get some credit for putting together such a stellar roster.

This is what you get when hell freezes over.

Joe Scegura
    Alexandria MN

Farve is great but the Vikes could have done just as good with Rodgers on our side instead of Favre. They’re playing pretty good! The Pack on the other hand needs a lot more than Favre to turn them around, but you wouldn’t have guessed it looking at the 3rd quarter. The Pack came out tough.

By the way when is Rodgers contract up We’ll need a QB once ours retires again

Joel Nelson
    Southeast MN

I think Aikman was right-on when he spoke about covering New Orleans, and them being the cream of the crop in the NFC. It’s staggering to look at the raw talent we have, seemingly coming out of every nook and cranny of the offense and defense. We’re weak in only a very few positions, yet continually allow teams with less talent to play us closer than they should. Nothing seems a cakewalk in the NFL, but it’s always been a criticism of our Vikes that they play down to our opponents potential.

Don’t get me wrong, it’s great to beat the Pack in Lambeau, but unless they put the nail in the coffin far before the final throes of the 4th quarter, what we saw against Pittsburgh will be their December and January. Thrilling games that they come up just on the short-side-of.

Joel

arklite881south

With that being said……..We are 7-1?? Going undefeated is a pretty lofty goal. Lost narrowly to the defending superbowl champs on the ROAD?? Questionable call to say the least. Beat the Ravens who were supposed to beat us. Beat our arch rivals in Lambeau with the biggest home field advantage in the NFL.

Yep New Orleans is a good club. They have 1 more win than us currently. Should be interesting how people view them shoud Dallas knock them off. A perfect season is pretty tough to come by. Lastly Winfield would be the ONE person I think would be devastatingto lose on our Defense. KUDOS to the Vikes for covering up that OBVIOUS weakness, and still winning games. NO DOUBT AT ALL the ridiculous amounts of missed tackles missed aiding the Pack in the second half would have been drastically reduced with the pro bowl play of Winfield.

I think you can expect the Saints and the Vikes to meet this season. The Vikes will be the biggest challenge they’ve faced. Giants??? Really?? The EAGLES CRUSHED THEM!! Vikes and Saints are going to duke it out. We’ll see how they operate with a DLINE putting the Beatdown on the QB especially when we don’t have to try protect our secondary only rushing 4. Tough to throw when Allen is ropin.

Heck I think they should let Percy play both sides!!

b-curtis
    Farmington, MN

Quote:

big G

Could you imagine him trying to make a decision on draft day? How many times would the Pack go over the time limit as he was busy waffling? Yikes.

northstar42
    west central Minnesotsa

It sure is fun to watch the Vikings win, but I thought Rogers did a very good job with little help at times. I really have to question the coaching when a team with this kind of talent has to hang on the end against teams with much less on the bench.

brett-king

This team will hopefully make for an interesting post season.They are still work in progress remember and will hopefully keep getting better.I agree with what seems to be backing off after the first half and that needs to be corrected with coaching.The Vikes could easily be undefeated right now or have 3 loses as well the way some of the close games have gone.In the end the really good teams find a way to win the close ones and so far so good for the Vikes.

big_g
    Isle, MN

Quote:

Quote:

big G

Could you imagine him trying to make a decision on draft day? How many times would the Pack go over the time limit as he was busy waffling? Yikes.

OMG….. Yep… never thought of that one….

davebmork
    Hayfield Mn

I remember last year the vikes beating the saints in New Orleans on monday night with another old QB Gus Frerrote. We are better than most this year. Just hope we all stay healthy for the run.

tstatz
    wis

Lets not forget Farve is 40,playing a young mans game.As a packer fan and a great admirer of Brett, I am glad the vikes o line is protecting him instead of green bays line.How do you not account for Jared Allen on every snap?The best to the vikes.

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.