6.0 Powerstroke Question with error codes.

• mallard_militia
    Fulton County, Illinois

I have a buddy with a 2003 6.0 Powerstroke and it just died as he was driving and will not restart. I initially thought it would be the cam sensor since my 7.3L had a recall and when the cam sensor would fault, the truck would shut down just as my buddy described. The codes on the 6.0L were pulled and they are as follows.

P2287 – Injector Control Pressure. Sensor circuit intermittent

P2291 – Injector Control Pressure too low. (cranking)

Are there any gurus out there that may have the solution or atleast point him in the right direction.

Thanks in advance.

pantherpop
    Kalispell, MT

My guess would be fuel pump. Most are set up so if the lift pump goes down it shuts down the engine so the injector pump won’t burn out. I’m no mechanic but I had the same thing happen to me.

barebackjack
    New Prague, MN.

It sounds like to me that it could be a few things- we have seen Fuel Injection Control Modules fail,high pressure oil pumps,and ICP sensor. Also there is a internal connector called an sts connector which can come apart and cause lack of oil pressure to the injectors and not allow engine to crank and fire. Hope that may get him in the right direction.

From my friend who is a service writer for at a dealer ship.

mallard_militia
    Fulton County, Illinois

Thanks for the info guys!

jetro
    Mayer, MN

IMO a 6.0 is a large repair bill waiting to happen. Two suggestions for him are to get rid of it or buy the extended warranty before 100k.

riveratt
    Central Wisconsin US-of-A

Most likely the FICM has failed. The other possibility is the STC fittings on the internal high pressure oil lines.

After putting 6 injectors in two different Dodge diesels (just over 5 grand each by the way!) and having two Duramax diesels have to have all theirs replaced, one under warranty, I don’t much care to hear how bad the Fords might be. If it is a diesel and you drive it be prepared to pay. That is life.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.