Ottertail This Weekend

• liljac
    Lakeville, MN

Hey Everyone,

I’m heading up to Ottertail this weekend and could use some help. Anyone been up there recently? Im looking of walleye and maybe some perch. which technique is working best right now, Lindy or Trolling? It also looks like there is gonna be a cold front moving through up there will that mess with the walleye bite?

Thanks for your help!!

fishinallday
    Montrose Mn

The inlaws were up at the cabin again last weekend. Spiner rigs during the day in 20ft or better produced a few fish. Then cranks up on the flats after dark. Keep the boat in 9 to 10 ft of water. That will keep you within 20 to 30 feet of most break lines on OT.

Keep in mind the inlaws drink more than they fish.

drew-evans
    rochester MN

I spent 4 days on ottertail a week and a half ago. We didnt find the perch but we did pull good numbers of walleye in 5 to 8 ft of water between 6 and 10 in the afternnon long line trolling cranks. i will PM you the rap that caught nearly 90% of the fish. we boated around 40 walleye bewteen 15 and 24 inches and lost a dandy right next to the boat all of ten pounds makes me sick thinking about it would of been a PB for the guy! we were fishing a flat that was planed out at about 7 to 8 ft with several 5ft humps. every time we came near a 5 ft hump we picked up a fish. from 5 until dark we did half to real in alot of little perch that kept swiping our raps but we were producing nice fish still after 10 we never boated a fish any night though.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.