Farve to the Vikes….

• Tater
    Riceville,IA

For the first time in his career Farve will not have to be relied upon totally to win games. The supporting cast has proven to be farely solid with the Vikes. As long as he does not turn the ball as often as the starting qbs have in the past. You can go all the way back to Cullpepper with this situation of turn overs in big games. As long as he doesn’t lose 3 or 4 games this year with turn overs it will be an upgrade. Then the possibilities of a deep playoff run are possible. The o-line will have to protect him well, but with his ability to read defenses he should be able to come up with some big plays when teams put 8 or 9 in the box.Just my thoughts

brian_peterson
    Eagan, MN

Quote:

The only ones you will see posting here… will be Vikings fans either approving, disapproving or giving their takes/input …..and then like you said “Sour Cheeseheads” or “Scared Cheeseheads” otherwise they should have no opinion… they have moved on 2 years ago…. or did they ???

big G

G, I agree with you. However you failed to mention the fine people from Iowa who like to toot their horn regarding professional sports franchises. How are the pro sports down there? Stick with your corn Iowageans!

mark winkels

Everyone is forgetting that Bevel or Childress with be doing the play calling. Most of which will be very predictable and not very creative as usual. The QB is not the biggest problem, its the guy running the show!! They let the wrong coach go!!

big_g
    Isle, MN

Quite honestly Brian.. I give a “pass” to Iowans. They choose from either the Bears, Packers, Vikings and even the Chiefs or other team. An Iowan who is a Vikings fan is OK in my book. I don’t know that the Cheese in Iowa is as potent as it is in sconny…

big G

brian_peterson
    Eagan, MN

An Iowan Vikings fan is welcome to drink beer and eat venison sticks in my garage anyday, as long as we make fun of the cheeseheads!

brian_peterson
    Eagan, MN

It’ all in good fun Iowans, no disrespect whatsoever meant. However, if one of you Iowans felt it necassary to throw a grenade over our border, I would pick it up, pull the pin, and throw it back over.

benihana
    Central MN

OK all in fun because I am a huge Twins and Vikings fan…. but if Iowa had a professional team then Minnesota would want one too…..

All In fun…really!!

b-curtis
    Farmington, MN

Quote:

The only ones you will see posting here… will be Vikings fans either approving, disapproving or giving their takes/input …..and then like you said “Sour Cheeseheads” or “Scared Cheeseheads” otherwise they should have no opinion… they have moved on 2 years ago…. or did they ???

big G

It does seem as some Packer fans are taking this very hard. But it seems that they are upset that he joined a rival, not that they want him starting over Rodgers. That is what I am hearing anyway.

And it appears I am wrong about him being washed up. Sounds like every expert in the world, besides Peter King (who didn’t like the timing), thinks this is great. I guess we will just have to wait and see. He will either become the hero of Minnesota or he will join the list of star athletes who washed up in a different uniform (like Montana, Namath, Emmitt Smith, Jordan, etc.)

Now the important question…I have the first pick in my fantasy league. Do I still pick AP? I’m concerned he won’t be on the field as much as Favre will keep turning the ball over.

JD Winston
    Inactive
    Chanhassen, MN

He will either become the hero of Minnesota or he will join the list of star athletes who washed up in a different uniform (like Montana, Namath, Emmitt Smith, Jordan, etc.)

In retrospect…Was Farve a Hero to the Vikings or a Flop? Or something else?

If it were just this season, would you rather have Teddy as he is today or Farve as he was in his first year with the Vikings? Keeping in mind the current 2015 roster.

biggill
    East Bethel, MN

Farve. I will always remember that game early in the year where he drove down like 80 yards with less than 30 seconds left to win the game. Like he did many times against the vikes. Only a hall of fame qb could do that as regularly as he did.

loonswail
    Ankeny, IA

AMEN, brothers. He was a GREAT ONE.

nhamm
    Inactive
    Robbinsdale

JD, I hope you’re just stuck in your office trying to pass time between calls, because digging up 6yr old posts will make your new Skeeter angry your not riding her toast

JD Winston
    Inactive
    Chanhassen, MN

JD, I hope you’re just stuck in your office trying to pass time between calls, because digging up 6yr old posts will make your new Skeeter angry your not riding her ” />

Lol, I had to work at the home office today because I didn’t get my work done yesterday! Besides, I tend to go fishing fewer times but for 3-5 days at a time instead Of a day here and a half day there. Ever try to launch a 21 foot glass boat solo on a busy ramp? Doable but if I don’t have a fishing partner, I just wait for the next big trip.

chomps
    Sioux City IA

True queens fans who can’t even spell his name correctly

big_g
    Isle, MN

well… technically he is from Iowa too, so….. crazy devil rotflol

river rat randy
    Hager City WI

well… technically he is from Iowa too, so…..  :crazy:  :devil:  :rotflol:

…Iowa.? Not sure about. But butt remember the vikes got FARVE from the JETS Not the Packers. coffee … rrr

biggill
    East Bethel, MN

True queens fans who can’t even spell his name correctly

moon

Viewing 17 posts - 31 through 47 (of 47 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.