Stolen tackel box update

• medic242
    Sioux Falls, SD

Well, I told everyone about a week ago that all my tackle was stolen from my boat. Thank goodness my insurance company was easy to work with. So far I got a check for almost a grand and will get a little more once they get some receipts. If any of you are looking for a insurance company I cant say any thing bad about State Farm. The County Deputy said they probably wont find who did this but based on value it will be a felony if they do. It will be hard to replace some of the custom stuff I had made, but other than the hassle it isn’t as bad as it could be. But is still makes me

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster
    Minnesota/Wisconsin Mississippi River

The best of a bad world I guess.

Glad they are working with you..nothing worse then paying the premiums just to have a headache when you need them.

DMan
    Long Lake IL.

Who keeps receipts??

DSchuh
    Golden, CO

Correct me if I’m wrong, but I think the insurance companies will only give a certain amount on claims like this at first, in this case just under a grand, and then once he goes and buys gear and turns in the receipts for the newly purchased stuff will they pay out the rest of the claim.
    I don’t beleive he is needing to provide receipts for all of his old stuff.
    If thats the case I’d be screwed on just about everything I own

dog2th
    Omaha, NE

Congrats on your mental recovery! Stealing something as personal as someone’s tackle box is just a step below animal abuse or child abuse. I keep all my dreams and memories in mine. Whoever did this should be sentenced to retrieving lost crank baits from the bottoms of all inland waters then returning them to their rightful owners – for the rest of his life.

robby
    Quad Cities

Glad to hear things are working out!

Jesse Krook
    Y.M.H.

Quote:

Who keeps receipts??

I get yelled at once a month or more because I have receipts EVERYWHERE. She says I dont need to keep them maybe she should read this. Not that if I had to find a particular receipt I would know what drawer to look in or shoebox, or truck console, or on top of the cupboards, in the shed……….

Ben Garver
    Hickman, Nebraska

I keep all my reciepts. All my fishing reciepts go in a fishing folder in my file cabinet.

I emptied my boat a couple of weeks ago and I took closeup pictures of every tackle tray, rod and reel, and other equipment. I was told by my insurance agent that taking good photos of everything each year is a good idea. I don’t know if it would help in the event of a claim but at least I could remember everything I had and if I could then find the reciepts I should be able to get everything replaced.

Shane Hildebrandt
    Blaine, mn

I was told to do the same thing, that way when you show the insurance company the pictures of what was stolen, they have an idea on what was all there. I also keep a hand written inventory of what I have in the spring and then again in the fall after the fishing season. then I just add the new stuff. the notebook looks like a scribbled mess with the numbers changing, but hey it is working for me right now.

shane

nic-habeck
    Lake Mills, WI

Glad to hear it worked out as good as possible.

For some reason, I only have a few dissapear every time I go out. If someone catches those rascals that are doing it, I don’t think it would be a felony…. but.

baldwin4
    NE IA

Glad to hear it went easy I also have State Farm

medic242
    Sioux Falls, SD

After I read what i put it does not make alot of since. The insurance will sen me the remainder after i send receipts that show i am replacing what was taken. Almost spent half it so far.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.