Lake Namekagon Cable, WI

• dgilgen
    Eau Claire Wisconsin

Going camping the weekend of August 22nd at the National Forest campground on Lake Namekagon in Cable, WI. Never been there and sure could use some helpful tips and advice on where to find eater Walleyes and Crappies. I would greatly appreciate any and all advice from fellow IDOers. Thanks!

lancew

Hey:
    Namekagon is stained, but it still has a really defined bite window. Dawn and dusk for 1/2 hour-1hr. Any weedline break with slipbobbers and leeches should give you up some eaters. Look at a map, cause it’s like 7 lakes in 1. It’s a good walleye fishery. -lance

garvi
    LACROSSE WI

I spent a week there a couple of years ago in middle of september, the walleyes were tough to find but the panfish were good, we found them around the fish cribs.My inlaws go there every year and stay at Garmish they all ways hire a guy by the name of Mike and he puts them on panfish like crazy, they also caught a 48″ muskie last year floating a bluegill while they were fishing a crib. I can get the contact info for him if you want.

jhalfen

Quote:

Any weedline break with slipbobbers and leeches should give you up some eaters

That is most certainly the case on Namekagon. You’ll also end up tangling with some really nice gills in the same spots. Flashy cranks cast parallel to weed edges during the day will get attention from pike and eyes.

ajs
    Mellen,WI

I would say for crappie fish weed edges and pockets near deep water.One favorite location of mine is near the chief bar there is a small island that has nice cabbage on both shore sides i usually find fish on one side or the other.Also there is a nice long rock bar extending out towards the main basin which usually produces some nice eye,s at dark and into the night trolling stickbaits and casting. I would say live bait would produce well there also but have never tried. Note the island is only 200 yards from a public landing so travel distance is minimal.

Hope this bit of info proves helpful

Ajs

cdn
    West Central, MN

I haven’t been to this body of water in many years, but as a child and into my teens my family spent some time there. Believe it or not, we caught walleyes in the middle of the day in the weeds (in/near lilly pads of all things) and shallow. Slip bobber and leech and pitching jig/leech. Good luck.

poppy402
    Eagle Point Wisconsin

Any current ice reports from here? Heading down tomorrow for a get together and was wondering if its worth bringing the snowmobile and otter! Thanks!

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.