Found good gas!!!

• col._klink
    St Paul

Been fishing alot on the St. Croix out of Taylor Falls and Western WI Off of highway 8 and I have been filling the truck and the boat up at Mikes General store in Talyor Falls. They have 91 clear with no ethanol!!! They offer a coupon where you can save a few bucks if you use cash or check also. And the gas is cheaper then across the river.

Just thought I would pass the information along to the fellow IDO’ers.

nic-habeck
    Lake Mills, WI

Heard from someone that is was bad to go back and forth from ethanol to non-ethanol gas. Is that true?

col._klink
    St Paul

That I don’t know but I always run the good stuff in the boat!!

Ralph Wiggum
    Maple Grove, MN

If your motor doesn’t specifically require 91 octane, there is no point in using it.

Ted Wedul
    holmen, wi

I think what Kooty is getting at is ethanol is an alcohol…thus it aids in drying gas lines / seals out over time. Big discussion on this on the site. Unknown for sure but makes sense to me. Also, in those discussions the consensus was that ethanol was significantly less efficient in mileage. Third…it is cheaper.

I don’t know how it would be bad for you to go back and forth. 100% gasoline being the best option, I would think anytime you can put it in your engine would be a good thing.

Note…I am not a gasoline / ethanol expert…

Ted

uhlee1
    Dav. IA

Read your outboards owners manual. My 2000 merc 50 4stroke says “do not use ethanol” If you have to, use no more than 10 percent ethanol and have a dealer install a gas/water seperator.

suzuki
    Woodbury, Mn

I have to agree non-oxygenated gas is better for your engines. We strive to only use it in our sleds. I haven’t in my boat because of logistics. Do be cautious when buying near the cities and it is labled for non-auto use. They may not go through it fast enough to keep fresh. It wouldnt hurt to ask them. I once went out of my way to buy that type of gas in Lake Elmo. It didnt smell like gas and the mechanic that rebuilt my blown engine was convinced it was the cause.

fireline
    Rochester

I use only non-oxygenated in my boat,snow blower etc. It cost a little more but for me it works.

hookem
    Hastings,Minn.

Quote:

Been fishing alot on the St. Croix out of Taylor Falls and Western WI Off of highway 8 and I have been filling the truck and the boat up at Mikes General store in Talyor Falls. They have 91 clear with no ethanol!!! They offer a coupon where you can save a few bucks if you use cash or check also. And the gas is cheaper then across the river.

Just thought I would pass the information along to the fellow IDO’ers.

Thought it was illegal in Minn. to put non-oxygenated gas into anything but classic vehicles and outboards,lawn mowers,atv’s,etc?
    Surprised they let you do it.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.