Where’s the best launch for entertainment

• nick
    Lakeville, MN

I’ve always said one of these days, I’m just going to sit at the launch a watch idiots load/unload their boats. Of course I plan on bringing a camera. One of these days I’m really do it

a1a

Quote:

I’ve always said one of these days, I’m just going to sit at the launch a watch idiots load/unload their boats. Of course I plan on bringing a camera. One of these days I’m really do it

Hey, some people can spell and others are good at backing trailers. Having said that, my vote is for East Rush Lake.

clarence_chapman
    Hastings, MN Lake Isabel activist

Hastings
    With the current people just can not figure out how to get that boat back on the trailer with moving water.

ripnlips

i like watching people on opening day of duck hunting. One year up on the miller dam flowage watched a guy try to launch his boat with the transom tie downs still on.

ajkoppik
    MN - Metro

Grey’s bay on lake minnetonka – busiest launch in the state.

E Ashwell
    Apple Valley, MN

Quote:

Prior Lake

Prior is a gem. Go to the beach access and post up. Weekend is the prime time obviously. Great action.

bigpike

Over in my small part of the world Lake Altoona just east of Eau Claire has to be the best for shear entertainment. I won’t even fish the lake in summer. It is certainly an interesting observation of humanity

Pat Howard
    Sparta Wi

algoma wi lake michigan bigger boats = bigger challenge then being pressured by the people waiting good stuff there and when they take em out they dont allow power loading i cant believe the people that cant get a boat on a trailer with a rope last weekend watched a guy stick his 1 ton gmc duelly half way into the water

nic-habeck
    Lake Mills, WI

Rock Lake North Launch – Had to wait 1 hour for 5 people to put “into” the water to pull out on Saturday evening. These people went from entertaining to downright rediculous.

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster
    Minnesota/Wisconsin Mississippi River

I know of a launch where I’ve seen a boat like this leave it’s motor down and bounced it up the ramp.

It’s the same ramp where this guy lost the boat and trailer…and both ran down the ramp into the water…no one was around to see it, so he took a picture and posted it here.

I just can’t recall what the name of the launch is.

hookem
    Hastings,Minn.

Quote:

Hastings
    With the current people just can not figure out how to get that boat back on the trailer with moving water.

I second that motion!! Stop and get a Dairy Queen, go down by the river for some laughs. Only problem might be Dairy Queen shooting out your nose as you’re laughing.

steveo
    W Central Sconnie

Hudson WI Lakefront Park. Today! Saw someone who didn’t trim up their inboard and banged that thing all the way up the ramp. Then got into a bit of a pissin’ match with some woman who sat on the launch side with two jet skis for WAY too long. Just backed my trailer down and gently suggested that maybe they could sit on the OTHER side of the dock while I loaded and the 4 other people waiting could do the same. She explained she was waiting for a friend to park. Lot was full! God only knows how far away she had to park.

sliderfishn
    Blaine, MN

Any ramp on Mille Lacs lake on walleye opener
    Show up in the evening the night before, some people have problems during the day try watching them in the dark.

nick
    Lakeville, MN

Quote:

I know of a launch where I’ve seen a boat like this leave it’s motor down and bounced it up the ramp.

Alright…. Next time I’ll take my sweet time catman

I think it’s the same launch someone’s trailer is getting dropped into the river later this year , I’m sure they’ll be more than enough help

That and forgetting to pull the straps off the transom one morning, it was no big deal other than I couldn’t figure out why the boat wasn’t floating off the trailer… I was really tired and probably should have home sleeping (just got off midnight shift) and not out fishing. I’ve learned to listen to my body better since that day.

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster
    Minnesota/Wisconsin Mississippi River

I know NOTHING!

Richard V.
    Somewhere over the rainbow

I would guess this picture was taken somewhere in LA, California since my cousin emailed it to me and he lives in West Covina.

Nick you can have the picture after helping me today.

nick
    Lakeville, MN

Wow, that’s a weird one, truck first is pretty unusual

clarence_chapman
    Hastings, MN Lake Isabel activist

Not clear on the concept I would say

bret_clark
    Sparta, WI

Quote:

Quote:

Alright…. Next time I’ll take my sweet time catman

I think it’s the same launch someone’s trailer is getting dropped into the river later this year , I’m sure they’ll be more than enough help

That and forgetting to pull the straps off the transom one morning, it was no big deal other than I couldn’t figure out why the boat wasn’t floating off the trailer… I was really tired and probably should have home sleeping (just got off midnight shift) and not out fishing. I’ve learned to listen to my body better since that day.

Well that answers that question…..where you putting in at this weekend Nick?

chomps
    Sioux City IA

down here at the river we get it all, but some of the best stuff comes from our fine Spanish speaking friends first trip in the new 1980 Glastron, takes 1/2 hour just to figure out how to back up, Lord knows how long it took to get it off the trailer!

ggoody
    Mpls MN

Hidden Falls regional Park on the Mississippi. Not so much for the Clown show but the Eddy makes it very difficult to load ones boat!
    I usually bring my waders just in case I’m in a helping type of mood or I want to get my boat in quicker!

ggoody
    Mpls MN

Not Hidden Falls but a good yuck none the less!

fishinallday
    Montrose Mn

Greys get’s my votes. The best part is you can watch them 2 at a time. Evry time I’m there I see somthing that I say to myself “It can’t get any better than that.” Then every time it does.

2 years ago I watched a brand new 30+ foot Baja wind up sitting on the aproach to the ramp. The crunch of glass on conrete was awful.

Good times.

perch_44
    One step ahead of the Warden.

the hastings public river access can be fun sometimes, especially during higher water, with a lot of flow.

and the best part is, they put a bench right there at the access to watch the idiots…

wade
    Cottage Grove, MN

I would agree or the Prescott launch is pretty good when people back down on the north side and try to come out to park to sharply…two weekends ago saw a guy take out his passenger door and side panel to his nice silverado as he didn’t realize he was tearing it on the dock pulling the trailer out….

mark-bruzek
    Two Harbors, MN

a buddy and i actually do that during the dog days. we get our cooler and bbq and sit at Lake Independence. The more we dirng the louder our comments get. ppl have no etiquite for others, they will try, and i use the term loosley, to back up, ge infront of the launch THEN they will unstrap and load their coolers and what not into the boat. But they waited in line and watched others do the same, cant they think…. ya know what im done. Im just getting mad. you all know how this goes.

Jon Stevens
    Northfield, Wi

I love the Wisconsin river in Nekoosa during walleye days! It’s most fishermens first trip of the year and the water is usually flowing good……plus they serve food and drink right at the landing. More than once I have sat down to enjoy a cold beer and warm brat while watching the launch.

Viewing 29 posts - 1 through 29 (of 29 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.