Question about homemade lures

• fish4fish888
    Wahkon,MN

a kid i work with makes his own muskie and northern buck tails and spinner baits. they do a good job pretty much your average ordinary bucktails, maybe 6-8 inches long. anyways i asked him if he could make me a few but they dont sell them. i am going to pay him for the lures but just wondering what i should be looking at paying. he has to ask his dad how much but i am thinking if he says 10-12 bucks i might as well go buy them in the store at fleet farm for 8-10. so how much are homemade lures running about?

wyatt

Whiskerkev
    Madison

I would argue that custom made lures from a friend should get double that but it is your money and if you can get a better deal without stepping on someone’s feelings go to Walmart.

outdoors4life
    Stillwater, MN

I agree with W!

15 bucks would be a fair price for you to pay. It is not cheap for him to buy the supplies even in bulk his cost is probably close to 10 bucks.

Randy Wieland
    Lebanon. WI

quality bucktails run 10 to 20.

kooty
    Keymaster
    1 hour 15 mins to the Pond

It really depends on what the end product you will be getting is.

trumar
    Rochester, Mn

Quote:

It really depends on what the end product you will be getting is.

Ditto

huntfishhastings
    Hastings, MN

Anyone make their own cranks? I watched dalgren?-might be spelled wrong, making muskie plugs the other day. It looked like it would be fun to play around with.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.