Mover Recommendations

• Dave G
    Rochester, MN

We are planning to move this summer from our house in Rochester, MN to another house about 2 miles away. The movers will be packing everything, doing the move, and then unpacking everything. Does anyone have recommendations (good and bad) on movers? I have heard some very ugly moving stories and hope to avoid problems.

Dave Gulczinski

kooty
    Keymaster
    1 hour 15 mins to the Pond

We used Two men and a truck. They did an awesome job loading the truck and staying motivated. Our problems came on the unload side. Only 2 of the 3 actually unloaded. One guy stood around and foled blankets and swept the truck out several times, as I was paying $50.00/hour for each man. I paid them, simply because these guys seemed to be the type who would come back and mess with us. I would be very clear about your expectations.

perch_44
    One step ahead of the Warden.

Quote:

We used Two men and a truck. They did an awesome job loading the truck and staying motivated. Our problems came on the unload side. Only 2 of the 3 actually unloaded. One guy stood around and foled blankets and swept the truck out several times, as I was paying $50.00/hour for each man. I paid them, simply because these guys seemed to be the type who would come back and mess with us. I would be very clear about your expectations.

did you find these guys in the “Italian Section” of town or what?

shadrap23
    Ramsey, MN

I used AAA movers out of Rogers, MN and they were excellent. The best money I’ve ever spent, other than the thousands $$ on fishing stuff

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster
    Minnesota/Wisconsin Mississippi River

Might want to check with Bushman. He has a trucking company that mostly moves products, but he does move belongings on occasion. I’ll see if I can get him to post here.

stcroixer
    Croix Valley

Quote:

I used AAA movers out of Rogers, MN and they were excellent. The best money I’ve ever spent, other than the thousands $$ on fishing stuff

AAA Movers (also known as Sorenson Movers) are deifinately a solid company. I chose them to move my ENTIRE storage facility (hundreds of units) and have zero regrets.
    Remember you get what you pay for with movers, and usually you don’t get what you pay for. Kooty’s experience is generally how people feel at the end of the day.
    Ask about trip charges, when the clock starts and ends, how many guys you get and what their insurance covers (doesn’t cover any glass, tvs, etc).
    Good luck
    Also, might want to check out http://www.collegemusclemovers.com. It is a group of guys new on the scene in the past few years out of St.Thomas college, they have lower rates and may negotiate a rate
    Tell them MPLS Storage sent ya, might help!

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.