I am in need of your prayers

• hookem
    Hastings,Minn.

In early Feb. I had orthoscopic surgery on my left knee. It has been a pretty slow recovery process to say the least. Finally started to feel almost normal 2 weeks ago. Well, yesterday afternoon I was on my deck on the 3rd step of a stepladder lifting a 2 x 6 up over my head when a strong gust of wind hit the board and like a sail it blew me backwards off the ladder. I landed hard on my left foot and continued down flat on my back. I knew right away I was in trouble when I went down. Luckly the ladder didn’t blast thru the patio door window, but now I can hardly put any weight on my left leg. My knee hurts like crazy again and I can’t work. Supposed to go to Canada in 3 weeks.
    Thanks in advance for your prayers.

big_g
    Isle, MN

Hoping you recover in 3 weeks…. that wind was nasty

big G

dea
    Hixton, WI

Sending healing thoughts your way. I hope you recover for your Canada trip!

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster
    Minnesota/Wisconsin Mississippi River

I feel your pain, but Canada will still be there when your up and running.

Lake Rebbecca has a fishing dock you know.

Get better Hookem.

Randy Wieland
    Lebanon. WI

I hope you have a speedy recovery!

mrcrappie
    mn Dodge co.

Hope you get back on your feet soon, canada might just have to wait. Hope not. Get well

John Schultz
    Inactive
    Portage, WI

Hope you feel better. having had 6 knee surgeries, including one to repair a torn MCL, PCL, ACL, and meniscus all at the same time tells me that some ice and some rest will go a long ways towards getting you to the point where you will be able to rub a little dirt on it and jump in a boat. Good luck.

big-bird
    Prescott, WI

I live just across the river, if ya need something done I would be glad to round up a little help for you. Putting aside all Packer Viking differences ofcourse.. send a PM

Jack Naylor
    Apple Valley, MN

hope you get better soon, and can make your trip.
    prayers sent.
    good luck.
    Jack

wade
    Cottage Grove, MN

here’s to a speedy recovery and definitly take your time, elevate it, ice it, sounds like you could have just torn scar tissue, been there and done that with 5 knee surgeries, that scar tissue tearing and popping scares the crap right out of you…

oldrat
    Upper Midwest

pray is sent from here.. Your health comes before your trip. the last thing that you want is to blow your knee out in Canada.. or maybe you do because of free health care.. its a horse apiece..

nah.. heal up and then go.. don’t give your self a lifetime of problems by over doing it..

hookem
    Hastings,Minn.

Thanks guys!! I have been iceing it almost continously and popping ibuprofin and staying off it as much as possible. I have noticed an improvement from yesterday when I could barely put any weight on it, to now I can put some on it. I will lay around and rest,ice & elevate it thru the weekend. So thanks for the prayers and keep them coming,they’re helping! As for getting the work done, my son and sons in law can finish it,but thanks for the offer.

flatfish
    Rochester, MN

All the best to you for a speedy recovery

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.