Took a hike today

• jeff_jensen
    cassville ,wis

south of Cassville. Mushrooms and bird watching in mind.
    The area is a state natural area developed a few years back. Not so much developed but protected from future expansion.
    Three different warblers sited, the Yellow, Chestnut-sided and the water loving Prothonotary. After scouting the bottoms the trail then leads up into a huge, undisturbed valley. Big rock outcroppings, enormous trees with an old time farm foundation thrown in. Really cool stuff .
    Hiked up to the tallest rock I could see, well worth the sweat loss. Drop dead beautiful view. After a few moments of taking it all in a lone, Rose breasted grossbeak landed just a few feet away and at eye level! Fairly common bird but the first one sited for me this year.

Hunting the steep bluff on the way back I did manage a few lbs. of morels. Big, fresh and yellow. Just thought I would share, hope you enjoy the pics

Czech
    Cottage Grove, MN

Can I come next time? Great post, did my heart well seeing the picts. Hopefully I’ll have a few picts of my own Friday, I called in with ichti morchella flu. By the time they figure it out, I’ll be back on the job.

dan-tessmann
    Kieler, Wis

Very nice report and pics Jeff. I bet exploring that old farmstead was cool. Sometimes a guy has to wander around the woods by himself and have some alone time . Did you get in touch with the walleye gods? Awesome pics Jeff

loshinit420

Very cool thank you for that post!!

redneck
    Rosemount

Very cool pictures!

bret_clark
    Sparta, WI

Cool pics Jeff, them shrooms look tasty

Jami Ritter
    Hastings, MN

Very cool picts!!!

Jami

jdlando4

I could probably find some butter and fry pan to help you out there Jeff. Nice pics

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.