Bladebaits on lakes!

• mike_anderson
    Alborn,Minnesota

im going to be fishing island lake this saturday near duluth mn.. i was wondering if it would be worth casting blades to shorelines or if i would be wasting my time.. i havent fished lakes much so any help is nice..
    Thanks

blue-fleck
    Dresbach, MN

I don’t fish a lot of lakes or blades, but I do know from talking to others who use them, they work very well. They’d most likely encourage you to try them.

tom_gursky
    Michigan's Upper Peninsula(Iron Mountain)

Mike, the Heddon Sonar, the original “blade” bait. was designed to cast from shore(in lakes), let sink and retrieve…
    blades work very well in lakes…try to avoid areas with heavy weed growth and or wood. Gravel and sand points/flats are excellent places to pitch or drift, working blades in lakes. Don’t be surprised at many species that will try to eat those blades!

Calvin Svihel
    Northwest Metro, MN

I have had some success on Mille Lacs with blades. Drifting along a breakline, I almost lost my fishing rod, they hit so hard…

Bob Schultz
    Wausau,Wi

Anybody ever try them on Winnie? What colors worked for you on Mille Lacs?

mike_anderson
    Alborn,Minnesota

well thanks to all.. i will try them and put up a post on how i do..
    Mike

chappy
    Hastings, MN

I never used them,But was very tempted last year. We were up on Mallard point pitching/dragging shinners. I’d do it if I had that chance again! That was Memorial Day weekend.

chris-tuckner
    Hastings/Isle MN

I caught a number of smallmouth and pike off Hunter’s breakwall on Mille Lacs last Summer. They are highly effective on lakes.
    (Just don’t tell anyone about it! )

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.