Well you never know what you might see turkey hunt

• DCO
    Eau Claire, WI

Well you never know what you might run across while turkey hunting with me! I had a client out today and after seeing two coyotes chase the long beards out of the field I decided to take him for a spot and stalk and we ended up spotting and walking within 25 yards of this beautiful brown/blond black bear that was having breakfast on a dead cow!! Not what him or I expected to see today but what a great encounter! I managed to sneak up on it close enough for a couple quick photos.

outdoor_guy
    Norway,Michigan (In DA UP)

I ran across a Male Peacock a few years back. I had heard that some people had seen him but did not believe it.
    Well…… First I found a tail Feather and later a freind called me and it was strutting is his back yard for Hen Turkeys !

jhalfen

Cool pics Ryan!

E Ashwell
    Apple Valley, MN

Where were you? That is really cool, I cannot wait for my Turkey hunting weekend. I am going to bag me a gobbler.

DCO
    Eau Claire, WI

I was in Dunn co. this morning.

perch_44
    One step ahead of the Warden.

Quote:

I ran across a Male Peacock a few years back. I had heard that some people had seen him but did not believe it.

Well…… First I found a tail Feather and later a freind called me and it was strutting is his back yard for Hen Turkeys !

a guy i know shot a peacock duck hunting a couple years ago. the dnr says to shoot any invasive species like that if found in the wild…

Quote:

Check out this alleged hybrid mallard.

It crept up through the cattails along the shoreline. I was not sure what it was…but I only needed one more drake for a full limit. I saw some green on the head….so I let the lead fly!

Its a big hybrid mallard…if it is in fact a hybrid.

Jami Ritter
    Hastings, MN

Nice picts DCO!

Jami

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.