Kirstens Benefit

• Shane Hildebrandt
    Blaine, mn

hey guys,

I know that you all are excited for us to have our baby girl back home, my wifes family is planning a benefit for us to help with medical bill and stuff like that. so I am posting this so you all know when the party is, we will be up there with her and the 2 boys so please feel free to come up and say hi and meet the miracle child.

My Grandma is also putting together a benefit for me. It is going to be on Sunday, June 7th from 1 to 5 at Hunter’s Inn on Highway 65 in East Bethel (about 1-1/2 Miles north of County Road 22/Viking Boulevard) on the West side. Cost is $10 for adults and $5 kids, you can purchase tickets ahead of time or at the door. With the purchase of the tickets you are eligible to win a prize, not sure what that will be just yet. Tickets are not available yet, but we will let you know when they are and any other information that becomes available. Also if you would like to donate to the silent auction, please feel free to contact me and I will pass your information along to the powers that be. We will also have the bracelets there for sale as well.

Again, thanks for the support and the well wishes from everyone here on this site, it has meant alot to me and my family, I will be printing off all of the posts and putting them into her scrap book.

Thanks

The Hildebrandts

Brian Hoffies
    Land of 10,000 taxes, potholes & the politically correct.

So glad everything is turning out OK. It’s been a very tough time for you and your family, God Bless.

DrewH
    s/w WI.

Glad to see things have turned around for your family. Give her hug for us. Drew and Connie.

life1978
    Eau Claire , WI

Bump to the top for the cutie getting better

riverfan
    MN

shane,

How about a mailing address we can send contributions?

John

Shane Hildebrandt
    Blaine, mn

Quote:

shane,

How about a mailing address we can send contributions?

John

grandma set up an account at TCF for the benefit, so donations can also be sent there. Checks can be written to The Kirsten Hildebrandt Fund and either dropped off at any TCF or mailed to: TCF 1550 109th Avenue NE, Blaine, MN 55449.

and like I said earlier, if you want to donate something for the silent auction, please feel free to contact me through email or pm with your email and I will pass that along to the right people. Also, we do have alot of bracelets still available for $1 donation or what ever you would like to give.

thanks again,

Shane Hildebrandt

life1978
    Eau Claire , WI

Bump.

life1978
    Eau Claire , WI

Quote:

Bump.

Shane Hildebrandt
    Blaine, mn

just want to make sure everyone can get this on the calendar and make it up for some dinner.

shane

redneck
    Rosemount

I’m betting there will be more Walleye guys there than bass guys and we won’t even talk about the cat guys

Shane Hildebrandt
    Blaine, mn

only you would think of that redneck!!! I will convert you yet.

shane

willyd5

Shane, Glad to hear she is comming home. Best of luck to her in the future!!

redneck
    Rosemount

Shane, I was thinking I would convert you to a walleye guy I even bought some glitter jigs in case I can get you in the boat—I know how you bass guys little sparkly stuff

Shane Hildebrandt
    Blaine, mn

yeah, sparkly stuff, but it is cheap sparkly stuff, we like the more expensive sparkly stuff, like boats. well here a little bit of what we are dealing with, not putting this out there to scare anyone, and yes we do have insurance, just not sure on what our part is going to be, but here is the bill so far.

12 hours at st. paul childrens, $36,000
    7 weeks at childrens hospital $901,115.88
    getting to see her smile and laugh again like nothing is wrong….

Priceless!

Thanks for all of the support!

Shane

fish4fish888
    Wahkon,MN

thats is absolutely insane. i cant believge it. but hey your right, no price is too much to have your little girl all better. i will be at the benefit and hope to see everyone down there.

Shane Hildebrandt
    Blaine, mn

well guys,

Kirsten went back into the hospital last night, she was running a fever and throwing up all over the place and she had her extra morphine 3 times yesterday. so the wife brought her down to the hopsital last night and they readmitted her, took a bunch of test and found out her white blood cell count was way high, so they scheduled her for a bunch of tests this morning, she is just getting back from a catscan, so hopefully we will get to have her home again this afternoon.

shane

redneck
    Rosemount

Keep us posted on whats going on.

bill_cadwell
    Rochester, Minnesota

Please everyone keep praying for her and the family as the battle isn’t over yet. THANKS, Bill

Shane Hildebrandt
    Blaine, mn

ok, here is what is going on,

Yesterday I was having high temperatures again and throwing up when Mom got home from work. I threw up my medicine and Mom decided to take me to Children’s to get checked out. Once we were there, I was actually looking really good and smiling and playing that Mom was wondering why we evan came down. Anyhow, they ran some tests and my white blood count was over 35,000. And they re-admitted me to the hospital at 2:00 in the morning and started me on broad spectrum of antibiotics. My labs this morning looked better, my white count was down to around 28,000 this morning but still high. I had a CT scan also done today. So far all blood work labs have come back negative and we are waiting on the surgery team to take a look at my results from the CT scan.

It has been a long day of hurry up and wait today. Mom has been very busy with phone calls and trying to type this for me. It is now almost 7:00 and we have finally got a little bit of information. The resident from the surgery team came up and talked with us about my scan. There is a pocket of air in my left lung with like a rind of scar tissue around it. But they were not able to see any [censored] or fluid, that is a good thing. If I was someone off the street they would be worried about how it looks, but because of the surgery I have had they are not worried about it and don’t believe it is the source of my infection. They are going to have my surgeons look at the results in the morning to get their opinion of things too.

They are still culturing my labs to see if anything is “growing”, one of their concerns is that I might have Whooping Cough. They did not inform us of that until we went to go for a walk and our nurse pounced on us and said we can’t be out walking around. Because if I do have it, everyone who has been in contact with me will need to be treated with antibiotics too. So basically Mom, Auntie Shelly and me have been grounded to my room until they know for sure that I am ok.

straight from the horses mouth!

anyway, talk to you all later

shane

Shane Hildebrandt
    Blaine, mn

she is on her way home again, finally, more medication for her to take, another bill to be paid, but she is comming home this afternoon. PTL!!!!

Shane

Shane Hildebrandt
    Blaine, mn

we have made an official benefit flyer for her, so if you would like to have a copy of this, please drop me a pm or email me at [email protected], I will forward one to you. also if you are wanting to give anything to the silent auction, please also contact me and I will pass along your info to the powers that be.

thanks

shane

Shane Hildebrandt
    Blaine, mn

tickets are now available, contact me if you want to purchase ahead of time, also they will be available at the door.

shane

redneck
    Rosemount

Today is the day of the benefit!!

Come on guys—it is a rainy dreary Sunday so why not liven it up by coming out to this. Remember all those hospital pictues of Kirsten lying there in bed well today is the day to get rid of them forever. I know those pictures still haunt me and when I see this smiling happy little girl today—Kirsten not Shane—those hospital memories are going away. Walleyes guys, please come on out. I am going to be surrounded by bass guys and I think I heard all they do is stand around and sing Village People songs so I am going to need some normal company
    Let’s see: I guilted you, I humored you I guess all that is left is begging—–please come on out today and join in the fun!

Shane Hildebrandt
    Blaine, mn

well guys, it is true, today is the day to help us celebrate the life of my daughter. come on out and enjoy a great day, we are going to have alot of stuff going on, if you want to come and waste part of the day, then come one out.

I will be looking for all of you, and yes, walleye guys are welcome as well.

shane

ottomatica
    Lino Lakes, MN

Shane (or anybody else), the benefit starts at 1 and ends when?

Shane Hildebrandt
    Blaine, mn

Wow the benefit on Sunday was a blast, thank you to everyone who was able to make it out. It was a lot of fun for such a dreary day. Poor Dad ended up in the dunk tank for longer than he expected. But I got to dunk him a few times, so did Lane and Zach. Even my friend James from daycare dunked Daddy! Jillian was there too, it sure was nice to see her again. We got home really late on Sunday, once I finally sat down it didn’t take me long to fall asleep, thanks for the shoulder John!

Auntie Shelly, Auntie Becky, Uncle Bob, Grandma and Grandpa, Cousin Angie and Amanda, and Dawn did a lot of work setting up on Saturday and Sunday morning. Everything looked really nice.

Mom even attempted to play the dart challange and won top female score of the day!

Physical therapy last week went really well, they told Dad that they are very happy with my progress and how fast I am getting better. I can’t wait to see what they have me do tomorrow.

Oh, don’t forget to check out the new pictures that Mom is going to post here soon too. Have a good evening all

shane

Viewing 29 posts - 1 through 29 (of 29 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.