Disabling Flashing Ads

• Dave G
    Rochester, MN

Flashing ads on any website/forum really annoy me. What tools or methods are others using to disable ads from flashing or constantly changing?

Dave Gulczinski

bret_clark
    Sparta, WI

You should not see obnoxious flashing adds on this site. If you do….you have a bug.

Steve Vick
    New London, MN

Quote:

You should not see obnoxious flashing adds on this site. If you do….you have a bug.

I hate when my computer gets bugs!!!!!!!!!!

Tom Sawvell
    Inactive

Use firefox as your browser. You can eliminate all of the advertising with them.

Steve Plantz
    SE MN

Quote:

I think he is talking about the side adds here on the site and some of them do flash. I am no expert by any means but I do not think there is much of anything you can do about them, they help keep the lights on here on the site.

Dave G
    Rochester, MN

Quote:

Actually, these IDO forums have some of the most annoying advertisements. They are ads that are constantly changing wording and images every few seconds. To my eyes they are like slow flashing ads. Does anyone know how to stop them from changing? If not, I would gladly pay for an IDO subscription that does not have these changing ads.

cshunt1
    Eagan, MN

Quote:

Use firefox as your browser. You can eliminate all of the advertising with them.

ditto. you can DL an addon called ad blocker plus that will remove all ads.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.