Trailer Brakes

• chrispy003
    Superior, Wisconsin

I just purchased a used truck this winter and it came equiped with electric trailer brakes. I have no use for them right now but may in the future. The control is located right by my which I have accidentally clicked on a couple times causing my brake lights to stay on when I shut my truck off causing my battery to die leaving me stranded in the woods once.

I was curious if I could disconnect the wires and place them under the dash for now until I have further use. If anyone has any experience with this and could offer some advice it would be more than appreciated.

Richard V.
    Somewhere over the rainbow

Take the fuse out. If you lose it you can replace it for 30 or 40 cents. No fuse no power…

chrispy003
    Superior, Wisconsin

I thought about doing that but whoever installed it, left only enough wire for the controls to sit right at my feet which is kind of inconvenient. I would like to just take the control unit out so it is totally out of my way.

jon_wbl

I just unplug the harness on the back of the brake controller on my truck over the winter months. If this is not accessible you probably can get to the other end of the harness at the fuse block

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.