Mississippi River Cleanup La Crosse

• mikehd
    Dousman, WI

They have just recently started to advertise this years River Cleanup in La Crosse. Mississippi River Cleanup

It’s a great opportunity to help cleanup and preserve this great resource that we have right here in our backyard – – and with the flushing that the river is getting right now there should be lots of “stuff” to pick up. Put April 25th on your calendars.

Mudshark
    LaCrosse WI

I just hope it is not postponed again this year because of high water like the past 2 years….both times I could not attend the later date
    If anybody wants to ride with me and help let me know.

DrewH
    s/w WI.

I will be there. How many days, where is the meet point, what to bring to help get the job down. ect.

DrewH
    s/w WI.

Dah disregard all those stupid questions. I will be there some place.

bret_clark
    Sparta, WI

Mike C and I are putting in at 7th St landing at 7am this Saturday 4/25. It would be way cool to see a good turn out from the IDO crowd from the La Crosse area.

If you have never been involved with a river clean up you will be amazed at some of the trash brought in. I’m thinking we should all make sure to take pictures so we can share are best catches for the day.

It might take up a few hours of fishing time but think about it, what is a few hours one day a year to help a resource of which we spend countless hours taking an advantage of year round?

Gloves and rubber boots are a good idea to have on hand. Mike also puts a plastic tarp down in the bow of the boat for protection.

We will be in a Red Ultra Craft with a 40hp Yamaha motor…….you can’t miss us, we are the two grumpy old men

I know we will each have a cooler of refreshments (BYO) for a short rest period afterwards.

Hope to see you dudes and dudettes there Saturday

Mudshark
    LaCrosse WI

Well I had every intention of making it this year except my helper-daughter bailed on me….I guess she has a good excuse..she claimed she was too busy getting ready for her wedding in 3 weeks….I kinda forgot that
    I still really want to help but my physical limitations preclude doing it solo…so my offer still stands,
    If someone wants to help and needs a ride let me know…Or I would be willing to ride along and help….
    Either way PM me and let me know…

wimwuen
    LaCrosse, WI

Tell you guys what. I miss this every year because it’s scheduled on the same day as the Stoddard tournament. I try my best to pick up anything I see floating around whenever I’m out, but I’d be more than glad to do a mid summer pick up day.

Maybe I’ll just go out one day and pick up a boat load of crap. I just wish we could get a few dumpsters once in July without all the yahoos throwing their home garbage in them. This is a great thing and I thank those who participate.

It doesn’t go un-noticed.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.