Eagle center – Wabasha questions

• bluefin
    Farmington, MN

My boys (12 and 8 years old) are on spring break and we are thinking of hitting the Eagle Center in Wabasha tomorrow.

We have a couple questions:

Are there many eagles around currently?

More importantly – we need a recommendation for a good greasy spoon/burger joint for lunch.

If we get really ambitious we may continue on to the Pope and Young museum in Chatfield. We went there last year and had a blast.

Thanks

jhall
    Lake City, MN

Plenty of Eagles around right now. Go check out the triangle pub on main street, nice Irish touch and good food too.

Prestige
    Elgin, MN

Saw eagles all day long fishing in Red Wing. I am sure you will see a few.

zoomer
    Twin Cities

Slipperys is supposed to be good although I tried it at two in the afternoon and they were closed. The eagle center was cool make sure to stay for the short seminar, very informative. There is a place called Nelsons on the Wi side that has some good ice cream to top the day off.
    Zommer

tstatz
    wis

I would like to suggest Beth Twin Bluffs in Nelson.A very good home cooking joint with lots of homemaid pies!ENJOY

riverfan
    MN

Add Stacy’s Kitchen to the list It’s kitty corner from the Eagle Center. Plenty of birds to watch between Wabasha and Lake City.

guide pit
    SE MN

Quote:

Add Stacy’s Kitchen to the list It’s kitty corner from the Eagle Center. Plenty of birds to watch between Wabasha and Lake City.

I second that place. They have an awesome breakfast menu.

bluefin
    Farmington, MN

Thanks guys.

Maybe we will try Stacey’s being it’s across the street and we will be hitting the road early so breakfast just might be in order

jimfish

when you go down to Wabasha when going south on hy 61 you will see mn hy 62 it goes to the right it is right by the armory, take right on 62 and go up the hill past the the look out on your left than take the next road to your left go up the road there is a road that goes left and road that goes straight and a road that goes right, take the road that goes straight this takes you to the old farm building and a muesum of small new building go in the new buiiding and you will see the most asome museum of guns fishing and animals you have ever seen and the cost i think is 5.00 for adults. The guy lives in the farm house and will come out when you go in the new building. On a scale of one to ten i give it a TEN+++ If you go let me know what you think of it. Jim

MoreShells
    Eastman

I ate at Stacey’s about a month ago, the food was very good, but they close at 2:00 at least on Saturdays. Plus there was a cop in there so the coffee and doughnuts must be great.

mnangler
    Wabasha, MN

Lots of eagles still around!! Lots of Food/restraunts in town from Dairy Queen, Subway, Triangle Pub, Chinese (great lunch buffet) Pizza etc. The other place is called the Arrowhead Museum and is well worth it. He has hundreds of Firearms and mant wildlife mounts and displays. PM me if you have any questions as I am from Wabasha.

zoomer
    Twin Cities

too bad to hear about the Anderson House my wife and I had a great dinner there last year.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.