Posting text box size

• Bassn Dan

Maybe it’s just me, but it would be nice if the text box to compose messages in would be a LOT bigger. For posts or replies longer than a just a couple of sentences it would save a lot of scrolling up and down, and previewing and reposting, etc…

If this is easily done that would be great, but it certainly isn’t worth a large reformatting of the posting page.

Thanks.

Dan

James Holst
    Keymaster
    SE Minnesota

Some browsers already allow you to do this. I’m using safari right now and I have the option to adjust the size of the text entry area to any size I want. At the bottom right part of the text box there’s a small arrow. Drag on that and I can make the desired changes. But that’s in safari. I’ve not checked it in other browsers.

Bassn Dan

Quote:

Some browsers already allow you to do this. I’m using safari right now and I have the option to adjust the size of the text entry area to any size I want. At the bottom right part of the text box there’s a small arrow. Drag on that and I can make the desired changes. But that’s in safari. I’ve not checked it in other browsers.

Thanks James. The text box doesn’t resize with Internet Explorer – which is what most members probably use. I’ll see if FireFox will do that.

Dan

Bassn Dan

Quote:

Quote:

Thanks James. The text box doesn’t resize with Internet Explorer – which is what most members probably use. I’ll see if FireFox will do that.

Dan

No, resizing isn’t an option in FireFox either.

James, could a larger “Post” text box be added somewhere on the site updates wish list?

Thanks.

Dan

guide pit
    SE MN

This simple way of doing things is to just maintain an open word processing document. You can type whatever you want in the word processor, then copy/paste into the forum text box. If you’re anal like me, this also allows you to easily use spell check.

Hunting4Walleyes
    MN

Another reason to use Safari, it has spell check.

Dave Lozier
    Amherst, WI

You can go to your “My Home” and click the edit link next to “Display preferences, number of shown threads, languages, colors…” and increase the values for TextArea columns? and TextArea rows? fields.

I have mine set for 50/20.

Hope that helps.

kooty
    Keymaster
    1 hour 15 mins to the Pond

Thanks Dave. Learn something everyday on IDO.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.