Lowrance LCX 27c

• chadmayer
    Gretna, NE

Cabelas has the Lowrance LCX 27C for 699 dollars this week. Is this a good buy and a good unit?

hookem_9
    Hastings, MN

I think so, I bought one, and my dad did as well.
    It’s a buy!

walleyejoe
    Litchfield, MN

That is a great deal considering that the unit itself is worth $600 minimum and if you get the transducer and gps module with it that is an excellent price. The gps module is worth $200 and the ducer is worth another $70. So you are basically getting gps for free. But it is a discontinued unit that is why they are selling them for that cheap. I myself just bought a new LCX27 and LCX37 and love them. Besides the new HDS units are so dam expensive.

fishthumper
    Sartell, MN.

I’m not sure if Reeds still have any remaining but I bought one there a few weeks ago for $600.00. That was for the complete package. They shipped it to my door for that cost. I’d check their web site to see if they still have any remaining. A great unit for the cost.

fishim
    Minnesota

That is a great price on that unit. I had a buddy go to Cabelas in Owatonna on Sunday to get one and he said he got the last one so just a heads up. I would call first before you make a trip to any of the stores they should have some floating around somewhere and they may have to ship.

chadmayer
    Gretna, NE

The Cabelas here in Omaha had 3 of them yesterday. I went back this morning and bought the last one. I am glad I didn’t wait any longer. I will be installing it this weekend and if there are any tips on the installation I would appreciate it. I have an Alumacraft Navigator with a single console. It has a very small windshield and the unit probably won’t fit under it. If anyone has any pics of how they mounted it (ram mount), I would appreciate it.

HDhunter
    SW MN

Hopefully they set mine a side for shipping! I called the Omaha store this morning and was told they “had a couple in store”.

Chad…..do you plan on using the GPS adapter plate (on the ram mount) for the puck? Not sure if this would block some coverage or not???

jhalfen

Quote:

It has a very small windshield and the unit probably won’t fit under it. If anyone has any pics of how they mounted it (ram mount), I would appreciate it.

Here’s a pic of how Kevin Krumenauer of Absolute Powersports mounted my Lowrance 25C on my old Crestliner 1750FH SC a couple of summers ago. I had the same problem you face…not enough room behind the bubble for a big locator. Kevin mounted the RAM ball on the gunnel, ran the wiring from the console to the unit, and set the whole thing off to the side using a standard RAM mount. He has the same rigging on his C-liner (with a Lowrance 38C) and it works great. One of the things I really liked about it was that the bright light of the locator wasn’t right in your face while driving around under low light conditions.

If you have any questions about the process, give Kevin a call…715-723-7705.

dandorn
    M.I.N.N.E.S.O.T.A.

Quote:

I will be installing it this weekend and if there are any tips on the installation I would appreciate it. I have an Alumacraft Navigator with a single console. It has a very small windshield and the unit probably won’t fit under it. If anyone has any pics of how they mounted it (ram mount), I would appreciate it.

Hey Chad,

I have the same boat and I originally set it up with a 520c

at the console. I upgraded to the 27c last summer and

swapped out the 1″ RAM ball with a 1.5″. I was able to

use the standard length RAM arm but it was kind of a

hassle to connect and disconnect (removed every weekend),

so I went with the longest arm RAM made and it helped.

It brought the unit out quite aways and made making the

connections alot easier. It also made it easier to access

the buttons.

This is the only pic. I have of the setup.

I zoomed and cropped a little for pic #2.

chadmayer
    Gretna, NE

Hey guys, thanks for the pics. I’ll try and take some pics after I install it on Saturday.

fish_any_time
    Champlin, MN

Maybe you know already, but this is what I learned when I installed my 27.

dandorn
    M.I.N.N.E.S.O.T.A.

I’ve heard too many negatives on using these adapter plates.

walleyejoe
    Litchfield, MN

you should try to get the gps module above the head unit or it will lose signal every now and then. Frustrating . I had botten one of these for my 520 and took it back because if you cock the locator bac at all to see the screen it will lose its signal. I wouldn’t recomend these to anyone

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.