Mountain lion near Spooner, WI

• jhalfen

Now, before you go firing up Snopes to check on this, the story is straight from today’s Milwaukee Journal-Sentinel:

Spooner Cougar

110-120 lb mountain lion…how would you like to come nose to nose with that while walking the dog in the morning?

riverbassman

This one is legit, I seen the e-mails from the DNR and how to handle the media circus. For once, an actual cougar siting in Wisconsin that is real!

jon_jordan
    St. Paul, Mn

No one cares about cats. How about Rick Conway’s 53 inch musky!!!

-J.

E Ashwell
    Apple Valley, MN

No kidding! That thing is a beast.

suzuki
    Woodbury, Mn

Sweet! Right by my cabin. The wife isnt gonna be thrilled.

johnksully
    Lakeville, MN

Here kitty, kitty…

Kitty…BOOM!

suzuki
    Woodbury, Mn

Given the DNR’s current deer management plan the thing will probably starve or go after livestock…..

tony_p
    Waterloo, IA

Wow cool. Imagine crawling up in ur tree stand before day light and to find that thing above you.

stuart
    Mn.

I think its great,would love to see one not in a zoo.

Ben Garver
    Hickman, Nebraska

What a awesome animal.

chris-tuckner
    Hastings/Isle MN

I understand this is my cousin’s buddy whos dogs treed the critter. He was there when the pics were taken.
    I guess one of the dogs got tore up pretty good…
    Pretty crazy!

mbenson
    Minocqua, Wisconsin

Did you guys read some of the comments on the JS Blogline??? They were so far left or so far right, it was unbelievable!!! “Shoot the cat its going to hurt us” or “Let the cat go, it has a right to live”.

I for one like the idea of collaring it and checking out what it does…If it becomes a menace even once, take care of it!!! If it does its own thing and doesn’t bother anyone, leave it be and learn from the radio collar.

Tuck, sorry to hear about the dogs.

Mark

BomberA

What a beautiful animal. Not sure why anyone would want to kill it?

chris-tuckner
    Hastings/Isle MN

These were bear running dogs that he was training…I wonder how eager they will be to work in the future?

perch_44
    One step ahead of the Warden.

Oh, that type of cougar…

mbenson
    Minocqua, Wisconsin

Tuck:

Those dogs will be fine, maybe the one that hit on pretty bad, might take a little longer, but that what they live to do is track, trail and howl!!! They must be pretty decent dogs if they did that well on something they don’t normally chase. Does he use them on bobcats???

Mark

flatfish
    Rochester, MN

So if your out walking w/or without your dog, encountered this kitty and felt or were threatened, can you pull the trigger?

haywardbound
    New Brighton, MN

Quote:

My dog’s bigger

That’s funny…but true.

mbenson
    Minocqua, Wisconsin

flatfish:

I say yes, provided you can prove self-defense. You better believe the the wardens will be calaborating (sp) your story with that animal.

Mark

hairjig
    Cudahy, Wis.

It just shows to go yah, Everybody loves Wisconsin !!

haywardbound
    New Brighton, MN

They had a story on the news this morning. Hopefully the link will work: (2nd story)

WCCO

suzuki
    Woodbury, Mn

He got away. Good. I dont mind the DNR trying to track him to learn something but otherwise I say leave it alone.

chris-tuckner
    Hastings/Isle MN

Story I got when the guys with the dogs initially found him..the DNR wouldn’t even respond. So he started calling all his buddies with cameras! Then they had no choice but to come out and make a statement. Word has it they would rather it had been an urban legend than really admit that these cats are out and about.

Opinion…not fact….

Viewing 26 posts - 1 through 26 (of 26 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.