new walleye rod

• krog03
    warrens wi.

my bday is this week my wife said i could get any rod i wanted. i always could use another vertical jigging rod. looking at the G loomis wjr742s glx. anyone have any comments on this rod or mabey another pick

big_g
    Isle, MN

Welcome to IDO and Happy early Birthday krog03 The G Loomis is a nice pick

big G

Randy Wieland
    Lebanon. WI

Loomis IMX is very nice, or a Kistler Helium series….

BTW – Happy B-day in advance

trumar
    Rochester, Mn

Welcome to IDO

What method of walleye do you plan on doing with this NEW rod? Jigging ,picthing,dragging or bladebaits?

I personally am a StCroix kind of a guy I am in the process of building 2 6’9″ mlxf rods for the same species

fearnofish82
    Warroad/LOTW

If i could pick any rod i wanted for vertical jigging, that would be it. I don’t think there is a better one out there than that rod in GLX, happy birthday and a merry christmas

krog03
    warrens wi.

mostly jigging some dragging.

krog03
    warrens wi.

i have several st croixs very happy with them never had a g lommis thought i might try one

tstatz
    wis

I have some St Croix rods very nice but a little fragile… Loomis rods are tough as nails with a terrific warranty.I really like my Lommis Gl-3 in a six foot medium w. xf tip for vertical jigging.You cant go wrong with a wife who green lights such a fun B-day present. Good luck

John Schultz
    Inactive
    Portage, WI

I have one of those. Very nice stick. Great birthday present. I got mine for my birthday from my wife. I still have the rod, no longer have the wife. I kept the better of the two.

Dean Marshall
    Chippewa Falls WI /Ramsey MN

Well ya gotta appreciate a wife like that ! Most of us have to get pretty creative to get a nice rod like that in the house.

I owned several IMX and glx myself. No doubt a quality product without a doubt.The IMX has a very loyal following. It has been awhile since I have fished with them,but as I recall the actions were a touch faster in comparison to the equivalent Croix models.You surely wont go wrong with any of the rods mentioned,but it would great if you could demo them before you decide which one has the best feel and versatility that fits what you want and best fits what you are looking to do. Keep up the good work on the birthday presents.

chris-tuckner
    Hastings/Isle MN

Hmmmm….If we only knew who allows you to test drive rods….Hmmmmm

Dean? Any ideas???

I have personally test drove 3 Legend Elite St. Croix’s from Dean at Evert’s, and bought all three. For jigging rods, you could buy two St. Croix 6 ft. Avids and get change back for the price of a top line Loomis or LE.

Any way you look at it you are going to get a great rod! Happy Birthday!

mark strickland
    Hager City WI

I had been a very loyal Loomis follower. I owned about 12 Loomis rods.I was very happy with the Loomis rods. After being down at Everet’s and meeting Dean. He let me use St. Croix rods to see what I thought. Now I have St Croix. I love Dean’s customer service. And there are NO sport shops that let you try rods before you buy. Before you buy Loomis you have to try the new St. Croix rods. You won’t be disapointed.Customer service has been lost in most big sport shops. And Dean will save you from buying the wrong rod. Thank you Dean for all your help. No one cares about fishermen like you do in this area!!

redneck
    Rosemount

I have no idea where Loomis rods are made but good old St. Croix are made right in your home state. That should be enough to at least give them a look. Why yes I have a rod locker full of St. Croixs, why do you ask

John Schultz
    Inactive
    Portage, WI

Quote:

I have no idea where Loomis rods are made but good old St. Croix are made right in your home state

The Loomis factory is in Woodland WA, across the highway from the Lamiglas factory.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.