Hawaii-Kauai Fishing

• wallster
    Austin, MN

I am heading to Hawaii on sunday for a week. I have been out there once a couple years ago. Went out fishing twice and caught some mahi-mahi. Looking to catch a Marlin this time. Has anyone been to Kauai and done any fishing? Just looking to see if anyone else has any experience with guides out there.
    Wallster ><((((>

ms75449
    Lake City, MN

We were in Kauai 5 years ago. Didn’t go sea fishing, however, I did go smallmouth bass fishing with a guide. Kinda cool. Good luck and enjoy it over there.

Prestige
    Elgin, MN

Lets see some pictures when you get back.

wallster
    Austin, MN

I will be sure to post picts after our fishing trips.
    Wallster ><((((>

Dean Marshall
    Chippewa Falls WI /Ramsey MN

Dont forget the sunscreen!
    Have a great trip & bring me some pineapple!

Brad Juaire
    Maple Grove, MN

Wallster, I was scheduled to go deep sea fishing in Kauai but unfortunately the conditions were too rough and we ended up not going.

One of our highlights of our trip is when we drove to the west side of the island and checked out the Polihale Beach. It’s 17 miles long and about 300 yards wide and it ends where the ridgebacks of Na Pali coast begins. Absolutely gorgeous! The best thing about it is that you will pretty much have the beach to yourselves! Be sure to bring your sandals though… the white sands are hot!

Hope you enjoy your vacation!

suzuki
    Woodbury, Mn

My experience there was bad. Charter crew were crooks. Just before leaving dock they told us in so many words that fish caught were their’s so they could sell them. I didn’t catch anything. Would have been interesting if I did. My only suggestion is be very very careful choosing boat.

wallster
    Austin, MN

suzuki, do you remember who you went with??
    Wallster ><((((>

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.