Tune up

• rjmoore_33
    Eagan, Mn

I am looking for a good place to take the boat in for a tune up this year. I live in Eagan and don’t want to drive to Duluth. i have a 2000 merc 50 horse 2 stroke oil inj. I just want a good once over and everything adjusted. does anyone know of a good place at a good price. I would like to get it in soon before the rush.

steveo
    W Central Sconnie

Roberts Marine, Roberts WI
    they did fantastic work for me last year.

nick
    Lakeville, MN

Shakopee marine

dea
    Hixton, WI

Just had to smile, my mechanics hate the words “tune up”.

It can mean soo many different things to people. Please let your mechanic know how the motor has been running and discuss what you would like done.

iansdad123
    waterloo,ia

kinda wandering off subject but i run a repair shop(auto) and yes we hate the word tune up.its a phrase that the motoring public has kept around for the general meaning of preventative maintenance.the actuall tune up started in early 1900’s when henry ford and his era of mechanics would listen to the coils buzz and tune tham to a certain sound…oh the good old days.for sake of still being able to “tune”(adjust )carbs,replace points and plugs etc up through the 80’s(ok maybe not points) it still stuck around.dont worry,most of us know what you mean,but we chuckle when we hear it.we are all just happy that everyone knows that maintenance is needed and just dont know what to ask for so we hear tune up.if you have a decent conection at your marina that will set ya up with what needs to be done,i do all of my maintenance on my 50horse 04 merc 2 stroke myself and feel it could be done with minimal mechanical background,but remember if your not sure-dont touch it ask a pro.

rjmoore_33
    Eagan, Mn

OK maybe “Tune UP” isn’t the right word how about preventative maintance check and service. Thats PMCS for short my army days are comming out. I would like to get the carbs and oil injecter adjusted for the max prefomance and economy. It will spit and sputter if i idle or troll to long then you have to give it a little juice and claen things out. Starts great and runs well for the most part.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.