2009 ARM event

• Shane Hildebrandt
    Blaine, mn

hey Guys,

I was wondering how the ARM planning is going on for a date. keep me in the loop please.

shane

life1978
    Eau Claire , WI

Same here. I’d like to take off to help again.

In-Depth Webstaff
    Keymaster

Hi Guys

This question has been kicked around a lot behind the scenes over the last couple months and, despite attempts to come to a different conclusion, the 2008 ARM Event out of Everts Resort was the final event for this organization. It was a great event and the boaters and kids had a great time. So we’re pleased to have gone out on a high note. And as we look back on past events we feel a great deal of pride to know that Anglers As Role Models put fishing poles in the hands of hundreds of kids that wouldn’t normally have the opportunity to get out on the water.

The decision to disband ARM was a tough one for all involved. Sponsor support of the event had been tapering off over the last few years and the financial load placed on the key organizers continued to grow with each event.

To those that took the time to staff these events, we thank you. Donating time to get kids involved with our favorite past time was unbelievably rewarding for all involved and we all plan to continue to look for opportunities to get kids involved with fishing.

Sincerely,

KirtH
    Lakeville

Bummer

Brian Hoffies
    Land of 10,000 taxes, potholes & the politically correct.

RIP.

stuart
    Mn.

Well it was fun while it lasted.
    Going to miss it.

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster
    Minnesota/Wisconsin Mississippi River

It’s ok Stuart, I’ll still take you out fishing.

I would encourage everyone to come up with their own way to take a kid fishing. There isn’t a reason why this has to end here unless you want it to.

Contact your local scout troop, school, church or whatever.

Taking a kid fishing does not have to be an organized event.

robstenger
    Northern Twin Cities, MN

Quote:

Taking a kid fishing does not have to be an organized event.

Well put BK.

Heck, take a neighbor kid down the street that has a single mother, take your kid’s friends, etc. ARM is much more then a sngle event each year. It is the only way to keep our great sport going.

Don Hanson

I agree with Lip but take the single mother too!

Shane Hildebrandt
    Blaine, mn

well for those who have pitched in and helped and donated to this great cause, a big THANK YOU to you all. I know it has made a difference in alot of kids life. I know some of the kids have used what was shown to them more than once and the buzz keeps on building about this time as the kids look towards another day on the water with a great group of anglers. I am sad to see the choice of disbanding the ARM group, but also understand the financial burden that was put on with the donations dying off.

Dean, thanks for the years of having us down at Everets, this summer won’t be the same.

so take this opportunity to get your own group of anglers together and take them out fishing, wether it is neighborhood kids or BB/BS. if you need to get kids for an event that you are putting together, contact me, I am still in the BB/BS organization here in MN and can help coordinate an event or a gathering to introduce these kids to the sport of fishing.

Again, Thanks to all who have helped in anyway,shape, or form. It was a great run.

Shane H.

suzuki
    Woodbury, Mn

WOW!

cougareye
    Hudson, WI

Sad to see this go! I’m wondering if there’s any way to resurrect this if we scale back on some things? Was it truly important that the kids went home with fishing gear or just the memories and experience?

If it’s become an organizational plus financial burden, I’d be willing to help out in both cases.

Eric

Shane Hildebrandt
    Blaine, mn

the whole thing is, when we have 50 matches showing up, it is hard to get both the poles and tackle to go with the memories. I am betting if we would have scaled down to 20 matches, 4 hours on the water with a boater, we would still pack the place. but then again, it is just my opinion. if you go to kids fishing2, I have posted some of the pics of my youth event last year. it is just a bummer, we can make our own group and just get kids out on the water. we can pick a lake here in the cities and just get out and fish.

let see what the general opinion of that idea is.

shane

life1978
    Eau Claire , WI

I agree with Lip here. We have two single mom’s in my apartment building and I take the two boy and two girls down to the river park to fish when I go. It’s fun. I enjoy it and so do they.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.