Shake and bake

• matt_grow
    Albertville MN

Just thought I’d share my latest walleye recipe, and boy is it complicated. Kraft’s Parmesan crusted shake and bake. Toss it in the oven for 15 min @ 350 and wallah.
    Good stuff and Mrs. has taken quite the fancy to it who was never a “fish” person.

trumar
    Rochester, Mn

That sounds tasty

Bob Bowman
    MN

Quote:

Just thought I’d share my latest walleye recipe, and boy is it complicated. Kraft’s Parmesan crusted shake and bake. Toss it in the oven for 15 min @ 350 and wallah.
    Good stuff and Mrs. has taken quite the fancy to it who was never a “fish” person.

Invite

bigdog10
    Waterloo, Iowa

Matt, we all get in the “fry mode” as far as fish are concerned. This year, I will try baking, as you have suggested, as well as other alternatives. Latest In Fisherman has a great option for baked fish. There is alot of options out there and they need to be considered over the “fry” default.

chris-tuckner
    Hastings/Isle MN

Quote:

And you made it without screwing it up???

Sounds good!!!

matt_grow
    Albertville MN

Quote:

Matt, we all get in the “fry mode” as far as fish are concerned. This year, I will try baking, as you have suggested, as well as other alternatives. Latest In Fisherman has a great option for baked fish. There is alot of options out there and they need to be considered over the “fry” default.

We all know baked is better for you but it usually takes so much longer to prepare. This recipe is just so quick and easy, not to mention easy on the waist.

Big Lund 20
    Cedar Rapids, IA

I just baked up some gills last night, first time trying the recipe.

Mix in ziplock bag –
    1 box cracker crumbs
    1/2 cup parmesan cheese
    some lemon pepper seasoning
    some pepper.

dry fillets and then baste with olive oil, drop in bag of dry mix, shake around to coat evenly.

Place fillets flat on tinfoil line baking sheet.

Cook at 400 for 15-20 minutes.

Yummy!

chomps
    Sioux City IA

try coating your fillets with a thin layer of real mayo, then apply coating and bake at 450 till the edges of the fish brown up nice. mmm!

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.