Anybody understand math?

• amwatson
    Holmen,WI

I have been out of school for a few years and have suddenly been shoved a math test in my face.

There are terms here I have never even messed with, and if I did, I forgot

Integers, polynomials , linear equations with 1 and 2 variables, positive integer exponents….HUH

I have 3 days to learn these terms and more and how to solve them. My wife is decent at math but I sure hope she is a good teacher.

The only thing I am comfortable with are fractions, decimals, averages, and ratios. I surehope there are more questions on the test of the things I do know, otherwise I am in deep trouble

francisco4
    Holmen, WI

Mike,

My wife teaches Math at HHS. Give her a call if you get in a pinch. I will PM you our home phone.

FDR

martin_vrieze
    Eagan

You can also pick up a “Schaum’s Guide” at Barnes & Noble or Borders. They have math guides for all different levels of math skills you are looking to brush up on. Very well written and a bargain at arount $15.

Get the one for Basic Algebra

drakesdemise
    Residing in St. Paul, MN doing weekly travel throughout the five state Upper Midwest

Wats,
    Don’t forget “the Google” either.
    Simply type in the term that you are looking for and an abundance of definitions and explanations will be available.
    I did once know all of this stuff, but things seem to have changed a bit.
    I have had to do this several times, just to help my kids through their homework.
    Good luck
    cheers

markmoran
    Rochester MN

I teach Algebra to 7th and 8th graders, you can give me a holler if anything sutmps ya! I will be here we might have to have a long chat via telephone, but I have faith I can get you through most of it in about a short period of time!!

packingheat
    Reads Landing Mn

Geez Watts good luck, but no help here, I was looking for info on this site, not to make myself feel dumber.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.